HoseLS - Realistic Fire Hose & Model - London Studios

Has anyone else had anyone any issues with the hose not working around the “Fire Script”

Hi,

We’ve tried and tested this with Albo’s fire script and it will successfully put out fires.

In the latest update, we reduced the particle size meaning the fire does not go out at once (all flames), this enhances realism.

Please let us know if you experience any further issues but you’ll need to tell us how to recreate the issue.

Thanks,
London Studios

Works perfect!
Is it possible to make it an addon weapon though instead of replacing the fire extinguiser?

Hi,

This is on our to-do list and it will be done in the near future.

Thanks,
London Studios

2 Likes

is it possible to change the intensity of the water? maybe like the firetruck water, where it make peds ragdoll?

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, we will consider this for the next update.

Thanks,
London Studios

1 Like

The idea is very very cool, but the net spam is unreal you can not use this is a prod server.
Just use NetEventLog 1 while use the hose and you will see what i’m talking about.

Hi,

Thanks for making this point, this is something we’ve identified as an issue and for the next update I am going to explore the use of decors to sync the direction and pitch of the hose. This would mean no network events would be required to sync it, other than one or two.

Would this be a solution you are happy with?

Thanks,
London Studios

That would be an idea, or you could use Networked particles native like https://runtime.fivem.net/doc/natives/?_0x6F60E89A7B64EE1D

From my test tho, i could only make those native really networked ( So synced with other player ) while using https://runtime.fivem.net/doc/natives/?_0xF56B8137DF10135D, none of the other worked

function ControlParticles(entity, pitch)
    if IsPlayerFreeAiming(PlayerId()) then
        UseParticleFxAssetNextCall("core")
        local handle = StartNetworkedParticleFxLoopedOnEntity("water_cannon_jet", entity, 0.2, 0.15, 0.0, 0.1, 0.0, 0.0, 0.7, false, false, false)
        --local handle = StartParticleFxLoopedOnEntity("water_cannon_jet", entity, 0.2, 0.15, 0.0, 0.1, 0.0, 0.0, 0.7, false, false, false)
        local coords = GetEntityCoords(entity, true)
        local handleOffset = StartNetworkedParticleFxLoopedOnEntity("water_cannon_spray", entity, 0.2, 9.0 + pitch * 0.4, 0, 0.1, 0.0, 0.0, 0.9, false, false, false)    
        local handleOffset2 = StartNetworkedParticleFxLoopedOnEntity("water_cannon_spray", entity, 0.2, 9.0 + pitch * 0.4, 0, 0.1, 0.0, 0.0, 0.001, false, false, false)
        while IsDisabledControlPressed(0, 24) do
            SetParticleFxLoopedOffsets(handle, 0.26, 0.2, 0.13, pitch, 0.0, 0.0)
            SetParticleFxLoopedOffsets(handleOffset, 0.2, 9.5 + pitch * 0.4, -0.6, pitch, 0.0, 0.8)
            SetParticleFxLoopedOffsets(handleOffset2, 0.2, 5.0 + pitch * 0.4, pitch - 23.0, pitch, 0.0, 0.0)
            Wait(100)
        end
        StopParticleFxLooped(handle, false)
        StopParticleFxLooped(handleOffset, false)
        StopParticleFxLooped(handleOffset2, false)
        Wait(0)
    end
end 

Here is my test in Lua ( Sorry i only work with this langage )
Need to tweak a bit the pitch and test if it’s really networked, if not i will just use loop at coord and it will be good ( Maybe less clean, but it will prevent the massive spam )

Hi,

Thanks for the research and suggestions, I’ll look into it and hopefully get an update launched soon.

Thanks,
London Studios

when i try to join the server i get this error (hata) .Can you make a video about it or explain it
with photos

It shouldn’t have a __resource.lua. The download comes with a fxmanifest.lua instead. Post a screenshot of your HoseLS folder and also post what server version you are running.

version 2.4.0 (esx)

Could you try updating to the latest artifacts? If the second screenshot is your resource folder, that should work.

The only thing I can think of is that your artifacts are out of date.

Thanks to others for your assistance,
London Studios

yea my guess was server artifacts are old enough to not recognize fxmanifest

Hello. What fire scripts does this work with?
Im looking for a realistic fire script with big flames that this hose would work with

We’ve updated this resource to make the Hose an addon weapon. It also integrates with our paid resource, which is optional:

Sick!
I will definitely be buying some of your scripts when our server grows! All your scripts make the game 100x more realistic.

Hey,

Thanks for your great comments, I am glad you like our resources.

Look out for sales on our store. Good luck with the growth of your server.

Thanks,
London Studios