Hi Hello, I have a problem when I add a player to the server.cfg

Hello, I have a problem when I add a player to the server.cfg (when I assign him a group such as,admin,) and despite this, every time he connects to the server, he still has the base group,user,

to add player to server cfg i use this path -
add_principal identifier.steam:(steam hex player) group.admin

I have been struggling with this for a really long time, I will be very grateful for any help

1 Like

I would personally recommend taking a look over this post from Vespura

I’ve read this at least 5 times and it didn’t help

This is likely a dumb question, but did you restart the server after editing the server.cfg file?

of course

Out of curiously, are you using a valid Steam API key? Maybe you should try FiveM i.e., fivem:123456.

You’ve probably tried this but you must have steam api setup before using steam hex.

Best option would be license:xxxx or Fivem:xxxx

you mean set steam_webApiKey in server.cfg

you mean set steam_webApiKey in server.cfg ( set steam_webApiKey fivem:123456)

Yes, is it set and valid?

i have ,set steam_webApiKey: none,

I set in server.cfg - set steam_webApiKey (my ApiKey) I restarted the server and still when I set a group for the player admin gets group user (base group)

Well that’s the issue. You can’t register a Steam ID if there’s no API to pull said Steam ID.

I set in server.cfg - set steam_webApiKey (my ApiKey) I restarted the server and still when I set a group for the player admin gets group user (base group)

Follow this tutorial.

1 Like

oh my God! Finally it works, I am very grateful to all of you, especially thank you KC1508 (I have only one more question, when I set his rights via server.cfg in the game he has rights, but when he gives /group it shows him user, and the problem is that by showing him group user cannot use STAFF Tag)

2 Likes

What script registers the /group command? You may have to set his identifiers there, as well.