[Help] Weird ram issue. Please take a read

So ive been slowly updating my server over the past month from my V1.

I went to put V2 out yesterday but noticed the ram usage wasn’t right…

It loads up at 70.0mb ram usage which is normal for my server.

but every query the runs causes the ram usage to go up, and it doesnt let go, it just keeps rising. even if the server has 0 players, the ram will still be capped where it last was and will not release and go down :confused:

Here is a GiF of what happens under load:

Here is after this with 0 player:

and now its just locked at that value and wont let go?

On my V1 server is happily fluctuates from 75-95mb and never goes above (thats with 32 players)

V1 is none async, V2 is async with all scripts updated.

Ive tried V2 on 2 servers and my local system and the issue still persists, I have removed any kind of addon, replacement, texture addon anything modded. same issue

Im at a loss right now and are coming to you for help :frowning:

Right now im starting to think async is opening querys and not letting them go :confused:
Any help would be appriciated!

I have tried to explain this the best i can, if you need more info let me know.

Is this on fxserver ?

When you say async ? Is this by using async method instead of sync ? Or is this by using the mysql async lib instead of the essential mod api for mysql ?

Please note that each async call in the mysql-async lib will do the following :

• Create a connection
  • Create a command
  • Create an Async Task for the query
  • Transform the result of the async task to something compatible for Lua
  • Close (Dispose) the command
  • Close the connection
  • Call the user callback with result transformed

There may be memory leaks in the underlying lib that it is used : https://github.com/mysql-net/MySqlConnector/issues/49

Also wanted to know, when you say :

and now its just locked at that value and wont let go?

Do you mean that the memory stop growing at a certain value ? As it may be normal then that the memory grows, as the underlying use pooling and keep some objects in memory to avoid tcp connection round trip and save times (however 800mo is a lot for pooling only)

It may just be normal and the garbage collector of mono knows that there is enough memory to consume and so don’t try to free some objects (which is better because invoking garbage collector too often can lead to bad cpu performances) But i’m not an expert on how the GC of mono works.

using async to an alternative to the essential mode, So i guess the full package?

all my scripts are async apart from maybe 3

and when i it wont let go, whatever usage the server creates it never lets that ram usage go it just keeps building contantly till there is no room left

Okay…

I reverted essentialmode back to its default and the issue is gone :confused: I left async in there for other scripts to use, but was 100% the essentialmode.

Not sure why that would cause the issue

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.