{HELP] es_extended UPDATE

Can anyone help me update my old es_extended as i have no clue how

Just change the one you have for the new one

1 Like

but that will wipe my whole db ?

What is db?

players that play on my server

1 Like

No, just use Git to grab the latest copy of es_extended. Move it on top of your old version, fire up server and you should be good to go!

It would be wise to update your existing database fields to match the newer changes. Example fix the field position VARCHAR(255) rather than the old version VARCHAR(53). Check any other field that needs to be modified and everything will work smooth.

I explain to you. Your content in the sql does not vary, just the remaining files. Let’s say that the user information that is stored in the database is not deleted because you change the file. The only way for that content to be deleted is for you to do it manually.

okay so if i just replace all files except sql i should be fine?

In theory the 2 Sql should be the same, open it and check it, but yes, replacing the rest of the files should work.

1 Like

did it work ? Know I have 2 mysqls, essentialmode and essentialmode3
I am fu/**!

First off, he’s talking about ESX, not essentialmode. Secondly, you’ve learned the lesson of using a topic that’s almost half a year old to decide to do something.

Newest ESX is vastly different than older versions and requires modifying resources to work with it. It also no longer uses Essentialmode.

1 Like

That is very kind of you to point out, so the things is atm, I havent updated yet, becauuse of that fact. I mainly used the thread instead of making a new, and hey it worked you came by, and thankyou for that . Have a great evening sir! :smiley: