[Help] Codewalker stream ymap using fivem

Hey guys! I’ve recently installed fivem and am trying to load some ymaps (specifically the ones found here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b7ks90g1x2xmvdf/AirportYmaps.zip/file), but for whatever reason, the ymap files placed in my streamed resource directory don’t render properly; The point of what I’ve done was to remove the static planes and LODS, but they’re ALWAYS there whenever I re-load fivem, OR GTA V single player for that matter!

Background:
To get the Ymap files, I opened up the good ol’ code walker, created a project and I’ve deleted the static plane entities, as WELL as dragged all of the respective LODS underground by click-dragging; So after THAT was done, I saved the project, (so I can come back to it later) AND saved the resulting (modified) ymaps; Once saved, I moved them onto my server, and placed them into the streamed resource (named maps) [the directory in which the ymaps exist looks like this: [server directory]/server-data/resources/maps/stream]

Within the stream file exist the ymaps, and in the maps directory is the __resource.lua with the following copy and pasted content:

====================================
resource_manifest_version ‘44febabe-d386-4d18-afbe-5e627f4af937’
this_is_a_map ‘yes’

Rather than using the server.cfg file, I’ve truncated (removed) the resource list into its own resources.cfg file and on the bottom, have the line: “ensure maps” (without the quotes)

The server.cfg has the line:
#These resources will start by default.
exec resources.cfg

Now my question is:
What am I doing wrong? Is it the way I’m generating the Ymaps?
Is it the way I’ve created the server files?
Am I missing anything else?
Should the __resource.lua not have a resource_manifest_version?

Please let me know where you see error so that I may form my resource creation method around best practice rather than best guess!

Thanks for your help!
Server specs:
Ubuntu Server 18.04 lts
RAM: 16GB (15.4 available idling)
Disk Space: 169GB Available at the time of writing!
LAN hosted

Thanks guys! Any info helps! Open to suggestions, etc; I appreciate cha!
With Regards,
Wetter42

1 Like

Hmm this is strange. Unless you missed the step of “Calculate all flags” and “calculate extents” before saving your ymap, it should’ve worked. I have a modified garage at sandy shores airport and all I did to remove the props that were in the way was open a project, add the prop to your project and then delete what you don’t want. I had a few objects that when deleted still had a weird texture where they should have been so i had to keep those ones but most actual props (usually prop in the entity name) were fine to delete. when finish i calculated flags and extents, ‘saved as’ into a new folder but kept original name and then streamed it like you would any other ymap, I had no problems and it works fine.

Sorry buddy, no luck! Am I supposed to re-import / export the generated ymaps into openIV somehow? Is anything else missing on my end? Please let me know! :slight_smile:

If it’s made with codewalker, Open iv is not needed. Have you had troubles streaming a ymap before? If not, then it must be something in codewalker. One thing i noticed is you use “save project”. I don’t do this. Each time you load into codewalker it will load the default ymaps so loading the project or ymap will make a double i think… What I did exactly was: click enable mods and dlc, open a project, add a prop to the project in the area i want to modify and then delete what you don’t want. When finished i calculate flags and extents by clicking on entities in the left explorer, then ‘save as’ ymap file into a new folder but keep the original name. Then stream it like you would any other ymap in your server. I only save as ymap and load ymap files. I don’t bother using “save project” so maybe that has something to do with it? My only guess is you loaded your project and somehow made a double, Unless you overwrite the default gta map files this will always be a problem i think. Though I am no expert on Codewalker, just trying to help.

2 Likes

Hm; So are you saying code walker is supposed to detect the saved ymaps that have been modified? Whenever I open it, it seems as if I have to start over, OR the changes haven’t taken. Lastly, I haven’t enabled mods, NOR DLC and it seems like the models re-appeared when I’ve done so; Guess I’ll give the LOD test a try, and let you know after I come back from a run! (back in 30!)

Whombraider you fucking genius!

That did it! It was because my “enable DLC” and “enable mods” is disabled by default; After enabling and removing the high res models, I’m left with a ymap that starts with hei!

Lessons learned: Enable mods AND DLC before working on projects
Make sure to calculate flags and extents before exporting my changes to ymap!

Thanks papa!

2 Likes

My pleasure. I’m glad I could help!
As for the previous question: “are you saying code walker is supposed to detect the saved ymaps that have been modified?” I havn’t fully tested as I do not modify the original ymaps. I assume codewalker loads the map files from the default gta directory and I believe if you did modify the original (i.e. just save and not save as new) then the maps would load in when you restart codewalker each time. Like I said I don’t mess with the vanilla gta files and just save ymaps as new but keep the original name if i modify a default ymap so i do not know this for sure, it’s just a logical assumption. Unfortunately the stuff you deleted reappears if you restart codewalker but u can just make your map and delete the stuff out of the way and only save your current map as you know the deleted objects will not be there in your server as you have already made a modified ymap for it. Hope that makes sense. Anyways thanks for letting me know, I am happy to know I helped :+1:

2 Likes

So just to provide closure, the answer is YES. It pulls from the default Vanilla directory, HOWEVER, if you “enable mods” and “enable DLC,” your MODDED map can be rendered and modified in CW!

Boujour, est-il possible de voir cayo perico sur code walker afin de créer des mappings dessus?

2 Likes