[HELP] Cayo Perico Island Water Level

Hello everyone, now that we got the Cayo Perico island released fully by @Hai_tux in the forums (something that you can check here) it was about time to explore it, and I found something a bit “disturbing” for me.

This thing is the water level. I wasn’t expecting that, in this map, the water could rise to a level above the terrain (something that happens in most of addon maps); but well, I found out that happens in certain areas like, for example, in the airport itself:

So, after realising this, I started searching a bit, what could I do to make the water level a bit lower for the whole map. This is what I tried so far without success; first option without any effect, and second with quite an interesting fact that will lead to my main doubt:

1· Following the native examples I found here, I tried to apply ModifyWater and AddCurrentRise calls inside a client loop that executes every frame. Sadly, this didn’t make any difference, so I gave up on trying to modify this via code.

2· Water.xml looked like an attractive way to modify sea level at general, and hell yeah, it does it’s job, but surprisingly, the Cayo Perico Island still presented water level issues, so I tried to, literally, remove all the water around the map, and surprise surprise, this is what I found:

So, for how it looks like, water.xml doesn’t apply after certain coords, even if you specify bigger areas (I did it with areas between -12000.0 & 12000.0 for both x and y). At the last image, the square corner you are seeing is the coord: x: 4500.0, y: -4000.0.

My doubt is if this last fact is true, if water.xml can’t reach further certain limited areas, and if this is the case, is all the water outside this area uneditable?

Thanks for your time and I wish you all a good day :mascot:

EDIT: Solution given by d0p3t here

4 Likes

I don’t have the Problem, but I appreciate the help!

solution: wait for 2189

Solution:

Run in a client script:

Citizen.CreateThread(function()
  SetDeepOceanScaler(0.0)
end)

See FiveM native reference

I know this works because I use it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It works perfectly! Thank you so much for the help d0p3t, I didn’t thought about any native that could change wave intensity. I think that with this the topic can be closed ^^

3 Likes

I think so too.

1 Like

are you experiencing and texture issues in the city when running this?

Cayo Perico came with its own water.xml file, was just uncertain on how to stream it as there is no data file. How did you accomplish it?

Run build 2060, problem solved. At least for me anyway

Where do I put this? Im not so smart as u

1 Like

Any client script.

I tried everything and for some reason certain areas still have little flows over water over the island, any suggestions?

I’ve made new client script, put there those command, but it doesn’t work.

My client script is a folder with resource.lua and client.lua .
In resource.lua i have

resource “whole resource key”

client_script “client.lua”

In client.lua i have

Citizen.CreateThread(function()
SetDeepOceanScaler(0.0)
end)

Should i add something?

1 Like

This is not even how a resource manifest should look like. Introduction to resources | FiveM Documentation

Yo you closed my methhouse post, I feel you misunderstand how much I changed, the Original creator based it off of esx_holdup I changed at least as much as he did. added a vehicle spawn and props as aswell as deletes that were not included

could u put a downolad link for the cleint for the poeple who dont understand how?

If you don’t understand how to add 3 lines, which is technically one to a client script, then you’ve got some big problems. I can’t give you anything to make it more easier as using a separate resource to just set this is soooooooooooo unnecessary

so just make a client.lua in the cayo file and put those lines in it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.