[HELP] Build 2372 Crash To Desktop

IF YOU DO NOT FILL THIS OUT, YOUR TOPIC WILL BE UNLISTED AND CLOSED

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

Environment questions

GTA V version: 1.0.2372.0

Up to date: Yes

Legit or Pirate copy: Legit

Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: Steam

Windows version: Windows 10 Home 21H1

Did you try to delete content_index.xml and try again? Yes

System specifications:
Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i5-86000K CPU @ 3.60Hz, 26.0GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070

CitizenFX crash zip file (‘Save information’ on a crash):

logs/CitizenFX_log files: CitizenFX_log_2021-07-26T094057.log (232.6 KB)

.dmp files/report IDs:
c5b53352-87f2-4044-bce8-55e0626b69c5.dmp (8.5 MB)

If you can’t start the game at all

GTA V folder screenshot:

GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot:

Filepath to FiveM folder: C:\Users\Gorilla Rig\AppData\Local\FiveM\FiveM.app

FiveM client folder screenshot:

Which antivirus/firewall software are you using? Avast

Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes

Important parts

What is the issue you’re having? Loading into my home server, I will see the bridge. my player will be visible and spawning in, then it crashes to desktop with the following error:

What are you trying to do? Load into any server running 2372

What have you tried already to fix the issue? Uninstall and reinstall FiveM, clear client and server cache, remove menyoo, comment out all resources except default ones

Error screenshot (if any): See above

What did you do to get this issue? Load into my home fivem server

What server did you get this issue on? Be specific and name some, ‘all of them’ by itself isn’t useful! My own server, SimpHub Freeroam

Additional comments

I have tried to join another server with 2372 and had the same results. I set the channel to canary and grabbed the latest artifacts but I still get this crash.

I decided to revert back to 2189, set my channel back to release, but now I am stuck in an infinite loading screen, and I can hear my player’s footsteps etc.

I have cleared both client and server cache countless times and disabled all of my resources, leaving the defaults in, but still face this issue

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Are you sure you’re running no local mods, plugins, or custom resources at all? This sounds like the crash you get when deleting the local player ped.

… in fact, you’ve got a plugins folder. What’s in there and what happens if you move it out?

3 Likes

I’ve removed everything from the plugins folder and deleted the plugins folder all together, I have also removed menyoo related stuff from subprocess

2 Likes

Strangely enough, I got it working fine again in 2189, so i updated the artifacts, switched to canary and set the enforce gamebuild to the newest one, but i get that same yellow-stairway-december issue.

I’m currently in the process of troubleshooting why my server has issues with the tuners DLC; I have removed client mods and began to add custom resources back one by one.

Oddly enough, it has come down to custom clothing and hair, and/or the loading screen.

the loading screen gets stuck but I can still hear the game, and the custom clothing/hair causes the crash.

Clothing that has been generated via the ■■■■ Cloth Tool can and may cause issues. I found this to be the culprit to my problem.

Yeah, use YMTEditor instead mayhaps.

Bad/‘naive’ clothing addons are one of the largest compatibility blockers which lead to the newer builds not being defaultable :confused:

4 Likes

Makes sense now that I think about it, and I’ll be sure to look into replacing vanilla clothing and/or using the YMTEditor.

I was super confused at first because I had no client modifications and was crashing, but glad to see I don’t have to go completely vanilla server, just fix/remove some clothing assets.

Thanks again for your assistance, DB.

How many .ymt’s are you streaming?
Maybe that’s the problem - SetPlayerModel Crash when have too much .ymts assigned to a ped model since with new build the ‘limit’ is smaller than 2189 (which was 7)

2 Likes

4 currently, however I was streaming 7

Weird, according to that topic above, it should crash you with 7 .ymt’s per ped at 2189, at 2372 it should be 5 .ymt’s since every dlc adds two new (creaturemetadata and freemode)

However idk if is that related but I had similiar crash on 1604 (that GameSkeleton part) when I tried to stream wrongly made creaturemetadata file edit: it’s not related

You can try using my YMTEditor, that’s really curious if that would help edit: it won’t help

1 Like

oh, that was the big streaming dependency limit? right, that one was really nasty to fix

1 Like

Ah right, at least I have a fair idea what was going on and hopefully others who face similar issues, especially that crash message, can resort to looking at their ymt’s

Yup… I hope either one day you can fix that, or R* will be forced to fix that in 2-3 more DLCs?

And I can confirm that crash is related to amount of streamed .ymt’s - I had same crash-hash and stack trace, the limit is now 4 .ymt’s per ped (5 will crash)

2 Likes

For me just having 1 custom dlc on a male ped (on both 2189 and 2372) crashes the game.

EDIT: On multiple tries of simply retrying every crash, 2189 started working with 1 custom dlc.

EDIT2: Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. The crash code is uncle-white-july

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.