[Help] Bug with waypointing on maps?

Note to moderators

Sorry if you deem this to be in the wrong category, I didn’t want to put it in FiveM bug category because I don’t think it is necessarily a bug with the game…

A few people have asked this here but seem to have asked in broken English or worded it badly so no one has answered them, So I will ask here.

Currently having an issue where placing a waypoint automatically goes to the nearest blip in the list rather than where you clicked. I’m aware this is a resource causing this issue but why is it? Is it using the wrong method to set blips? Any help appreciated :frowning:

Video example:
(credit to Detoxz#8635 on ESX Discord for capturing)

Probably best to disable all resources, and enable them one by one figuring out which one causes it, then ask for help on that resource topic.

I’ve tried this but it seems to be a different resource every time.

Primarily:

• esx_weashop
  • esx_shops
  • esx_drugs
  • esx_property

I’m thinking it might be an issue with how many blips there are on the map, then glitching the map out? Because sometimes is happens when esx_drugs is started and sometimes when the others are, I cannot narrow it down to one specific resource.

oh my god, im having this same issue and can’t figure it out. i have a backup from 6 days ago that doesnt do this, but i’ve done a lot of work since then

The bug is in esx_property I fixed this by downloading an older version of esx_property

It’s when you have too many blips on the map, you need to delete some blips, before i was having atm blips on the map and this caused same issue

i FIXED like korioz saying you have so much blip in map that a problem

anyone have solved it?

There are a few issues that can cause this:

• Too many blips on the map.
  • Blip coords are intergers instead of floats. (one blip can and will break everything)
  • Blip coords are ending in 0, as decimal (example: 524.0 or 2145.30) (one blip can and will break everything)
3 Likes

The last two were the problems for me. Crazy that the native docs don’t tell you this and just little things can cause hours of debugging. Thanks dude

They do! The types are documented as ‘float’, and I guess stuff breaking is not really intended (or known to me or anyone else maintaining this, at all) so it’s not part of the docs.

You are right if the language selected is set to either raw or c# but for lua it only says number.