Having problems with texture quality in my fivem server

Hi,

I am having some really bad problems with texture quality in my fivem server. People who try enter the server as well have the same issues with texture quality after a while. They have all quality settings turned down as well but still the same issue with the map after some time or even straight away. I need help fixing this please.
Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Specs of the machine you’re hosting the server? How many slots?

1 Like

I’m running my server on zap hosting and 32 slots

But I just have some of my friends (around 3-5) that fly in to test it all out but there is a lot of texture loss

As a general rule of thumb:

Oversized assets can and WILL lead to streaming issues (models not loading/rendering, commonly known as ‘texture loss’, ‘city bug’ or ‘streaming isn’t great’)

That means unoptimized assets and/or scripts will decrease your server’s performance. Check your server’s console for yellow/red lines indicating such warnings.

If you are using onesync, infinity’s performance is better and recommended but you might have to adjust some of your scripts. Texture loss may occur with onesync legacy.

You should also keep in mind that Zap hosting is not the best out there…

I have just looked at my log files and have seen a lot of messages like the one you have just told me about.
I am also not using OneSync. It is disabled in my settings. Would you recommend I turn it on? If so, How would I upgrade to a better OneSync? And which one would you say is the best?

I also have a few resources which couldn’t be found. Do you recommend I just get rid of them?

Final question to your reply, which hoster would you recommend is the best? I understand it might be up to personal opinion, but I trust your word XD. I would like one that is close to being as simple as zap hosting if possible.

That is HORRIBLE and I’m almost 100% certain that is the cause of your texture loss issues.

Dont bother with this - just remove the start X lines for resources that cannot be found on startup if those messages annoy you.

Depends on what you are trying to do. If it’s a 32-48 slots server Zap will do just fine.

Thanks man! So with the oversized assets message, how can I fix this?

As I was scrolling down the log files, I realised my essentialmode was not updated as well. Would updating this mess up any of my server files?

Also OneSync, do you recommend I turn this on? If so, how would I upgrade my OneSync?

You may find this useful:

[How-to] Optimize texture size | Fixing oversized assets | Bring any texture dictionary under 16 MB physical memory - FiveM Resource Development & Modding / Modding Tutorials - Cfx.re Community

OneSync infinity is recommended and you can turn it on from Zap panel I think.

OneSync ‘Infinity’: how to use it - FiveM Announcements - Cfx.re Community

Stick to Zap until you get some experience then you can search the forums for host recommendations, as well as different panels but may not be as user friendly as zap.