GTA: Rewind - A 1975 Liberty City Experience [LOOKING FOR HELP WITH SCRIPTS AND CODING]

Hey everyone! I’m currently developing a project that’s really close to my heart called GTA: Rewind, set in a 1975 version of Liberty City. The goal is to create a heavy roleplay server that feels as authentic and immersive as possible, drawing heavy inspiration from the gritty vibes of New York in the 70s and classic gangster culture.

The Project:

GTA: Rewind is a hybrid text/voice RP server that’s built for serious roleplayers who want to lose themselves in the stories, characters, and atmosphere of 1970s Liberty City. The world is inspired by movies like Goodfellas, Taxi Driver, and The Warriors, and I’m aiming to bring that kind of gritty, lived-in world to life with as much attention to detail as possible.

We’re building the server with minimal mechanics and maximal creativity, keeping it RP-first with deep character development. Everything from the vehicles, guns, locations, and even the factions will reflect this time period as accurately as possible.

What’s Done So Far:

• We’ve finished PD and Legal Faction uniforms and their vehicles.
  • We’re halfway through retexturing the city to match the 1970s.
  • We’ve also integrated several systems like Text RP Chat, a House Builder script, and a vintage minimap with period-specific postal codes and neighborhood nodes.

Our faction management and roleplay structure are strong, but the biggest challenge right now is the technical side of development—and that’s where I need some help!

What I’m Looking For:

If you’re a developer with experience in FiveM, particularly with frontend and backend scripting, I could really use your expertise. We’re working with ESX and are looking to build out custom scripts and UI to keep everything clean and minimal. Familiarity with serious RP servers would be a big plus since this project is all about creating a deeply immersive experience.

Here’s what I need help with:

Phase 1: Core Setup

• UI (Basic Setup): Implement the main “Interaction Menu” with essential tabs. This foundational element supports all future features.
  • Character Creator: Develop a robust character creation system to allow players to customize their avatars.
  • Multi-Character Support: Enable players to create and manage multiple characters within the server.
  • Banking System: Set up a functional banking system for deposits, withdrawals, and transfers to manage in-game finances.
  • RP Chat: Set up a roleplay chat system to facilitate immersive interactions between players.
  • Dealership: Establish a vehicle dealership for players to purchase cars.
  • Vehicle Parking: Implement basic vehicle parking functionality to manage and store vehicles.
  • Rudimentary Housing Script: Introduce a basic housing system with purchasable properties and minimal decoration capabilities.
  • PD and EMS Jobs: Create core Police Department (PD) and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) jobs with essential functionalities.
  • Functioning Hospital: Develop a fully functional hospital to support EMS and medical roleplay.
  • Core Stores (1 per Borough): Set up at least one essential store in each borough, with potential for expansion later.
  • Starter Jobs: Implement starter jobs with business ownership options and the /bjoin command.
  • Full PD Job Functionality: Develop complete PD job features, including dispatch systems and basic blip management.
  • Drug Usage and Effects: Integrate a drug system with realistic usage, addiction mechanics, and effects on gameplay.
  • Emotes: Incorporate emotes into the interaction menu for enhanced roleplay expressions.

Phase 2: Intermediate Features

• Expanded Stores: Increase the number of stores around the map, aiming for 1-2 core stores per neighborhood.
  • Economic Tweaks: Adjust economic factors to balance gameplay and enhance the roleplay experience.
  • City Population: Populate the city with diverse elements like popgroups, parked cars, and a vintage pedestrian database with no driving pedestrians to enhance immersion.
  • Interactable City: Implement minigames and passive roleplay capabilities to make the city more engaging.
  • Gun Systems: Develop a comprehensive gun system that includes weapon maintenance, ammo management, and realistic firearm behaviors.
  • Additional Roleplay Mechanics: Add serious roleplay mechanics such as knockout scripts and buffs/debuffs based on player actions (e.g., stamina, health impacts from drug use, etc.).
  • Custom Homebuilder Script: Integrate the custom homebuilder script for property management and player-owned homes.
  • Virtual Worlds Script for Admin Sits: Implement a virtual world script that allows admins to conduct sit-downs or handle issues privately without disrupting other players.

Phase 3: Advanced Features

• Day/Night Cycle & Weather: Develop a realistic day/night cycle with period-accurate weather conditions, including foggy, overcast, and dark skies.
  • Clothing Completion: Complete the clothing system with full EUP (Emergency Uniforms Program) integration, replacing unrealistic or non-time accurate clothing and focusing on essentials.

Phase 4: Pre-Launch & Beta Testing

• Bug Fixes & Optimizations: Identify and fix any bugs or issues that have arisen during development.
  • Integration of Paid Scripts: Add any additional custom or paid scripts that enhance the gameplay or roleplay experience.
  • Beta Testing with Selected Players: Invite a group of beta testers to play on the server and provide feedback on gameplay, mechanics, and overall experience.
  • Launch Preparations: Finalize any last-minute adjustments, create promotional material, and prepare for the official server launch.
  • Documentation & Tutorials: Create guides or tutorials for new players to understand server mechanics, rules, and features.

How to Get Involved: If you’re interested in helping with any part of this project, whether it’s coding, script development, or even offering advice on map design, feel free to DM me here or connect @yenorht via Discord. I’m looking for people who are as passionate about roleplay and GTA lore as I am.

hello send me a dm

Experienced fiveM developer, reach me out so we could discuss the details
@ atlas5mm on discord
Here is my website Atlas solutions
And my Cfx post