GPU utilisation low CPU usage high

So I’ve been scratching my head at this for awhile now and I’m completely at a loss on what I can do.
Basically it seems like my GPU is almost limited to only 30% utilisation whilst in five m. I play on Scora the UK server and the performance seems to to quite low for the specs of my pc. There’s many others in the server with lower end pcs than myself but yet they get better performance.

Specs: Ryzen 5 3600, 2060 super 8gb version, 16gb ddr4 3200mhz dual ram, m.2 (where windows is installed). SSD (GTA V and five m are installed).

I’m extremely lucky essentially to get 60fps it seems to only happen when literally no one is in the server. When it’s more populated it sits around 40fps but tends to be all over the place dropping and inconsistent. As soon as I’m driving or near any other player/mlo the performance tanks and I have huge stuttering issues could drop to 2fps and stay there for a good few seconds. I’ve tried all the settings in GTA V itself and in five m (the in game settings when Im in the server) to see if it helps with performance it seems to not change whatsoever performance wise if I have it set to normal or high/very high. It seems like this is an issue in other servers aswell. I’ve also went through five m settings and have optimised them and also put five m in high performance mode through windows. All my driver’s are up to date aswell and I don’t have any processes running in the background whilst five m is booted (apart from discord and steam which is needed to be open whilst in the server I play on).

It’s also definitely not anything to do with thermal throttling.

I love playing in this server the community is awesome and I’m having a great time but it’s hard to enjoy it when your struggling to drive with awful frame rate (25-0), yet many others with lower end builds are running it with much better performance.

I was just wondering if anyone is or has been in a similar situation and did they manage to rectify it or atleast improve performance in some way?

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.