gcPhone voice server options (can I use the built-in voice server?)

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me, I’m pretty new to all of this (but am a software developer by trade so do have the technical knowledge to configure it once I know what the options are).

A little bit of background/what I’ve done so far - I’ve set up a Linux server and it’s running FiveM (it’s stock at the moment) so I can be sure that the phone is working correctly - I did previously install a Windows server with the FSX templates which whilst it worked, and I was able to get the “gcPhone” resource installed - I noticed that you couldn’t make calls from it, I could access the contacts list, twitter etc. - I was however able to get proximity voice chat working in the server (using the built-in voice system - I didn’t install any separate voice server software which is great.

Based on the above it seems clear to me that the server already has some kind of voice server but gcPhone, by default does not seem to work with voice calls out of the box?

I’ve done some research online and found many links and guides about how to setup Muble and/or Tokyo but would appear that Tokyo(?) is no longer supported by FiveM, armed with this info… What I want to understand is:

1. Can I use gcPhone with the built-in voice server (I guess this would be on a separate “channel” to that of the built-in voice server that proximity chat uses - Is anyone doing this themselves)?
  2. It’s clear that “mumbe” could be a good alternative but I understand that you have to pay $20 a month to use Mumble (as you have to setup and use OneSync which requires a subscription)?
  3. I am setting up my server on Linux (I’m more comfortable with Linux) so ideally a “free” voice solution that integrates with gcPhone that works on Linux is ideally what I’m looking for - does anyone have any recommendations?

I’d really appreciate any help here - I’ve got other plugins working great (such as fuel stations, garage etc. etc.) but I’m struggling as to what my options are for voice calls with gcPhone.

Many thanks,
Bobby

About point 3) we utilize SaltyChat (https://www.saltmine.de/) which requires Teamspeak3 and connected GcPhone with it.
Its free and works with linux.

Thanks for your reply dewen!

I’ve just had a quick look on that site, what isn’t apparent is if all user’s need to have TS3 installed on their desktop machines? Or do I just have to setup Teamspeak server on the server and it’ll work as expected?

Thanks,
Bobby