Game Crashing "setSamplersForPixelShader"

GTA V version: Latest Epic version
Up to date: As updated as Epic will allow
Legit or Pirate copy: Legit
Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: Epic
Windows version: 11
Did you try to delete content_index.xml and try again? No
System specifications: 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050, Intel Core i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
CitizenFX crash zip file (‘Save information’ on a crash):
[Window Title]
Error GTA5_b2545.exe!_setSamplersForPixelShader (0x89)

[Main Instruction]
GTA5_b2545.exe!_setSamplersForPixelShader (0x89)

[Content]
An error at GTA5_b2545.exe!_setSamplersForPixelShader (0x89) caused FiveM to stop working. A crash report is being uploaded to the FiveM developers.

Legacy crash hash: fix-zebra-bacon
Stack trace:
GTA5_b2545.exe!_setSamplersForPixelShader (0x89)
GTA5_b2545.exe!sub_141375788 (0xf3)
GTA5_b2545.exe!sub_14135DE9C (0x3a)
GTA5_b2545.exe!rage::grmGeometryQB::Draw (0xca)
GTA5_b2545.exe!sub_14139CA50 (0x57)
GTA5_b2545.exe!sub_14139CADC (0x152)
GTA5_b2545.exe!sub_14139CD3C (0x39)

[^] Skryť podrobnosti [Save information] [Zavrieť]

[Expanded Information]
Crash signature: GTA5_b2545.exe+137527D
Report ID: si-90369cc72c6a4101aaea7c451219137e
You can press Ctrl-C to copy this message and paste it elsewhere.

logs/CitizenFX_log files:
.dmp files/report IDs:

What is the issue you’re having?
Lately the game started to crash for the reason mentioned, I don’t know why, I didn’t do anything with the game files. I play in 5 minutes and it crashes, I connect and again and again

What are you trying to do?
I want to fix it and play fully

What have you tried already to fix the issue?
I uninstalled reshade
checking files through the launcher (Epic)

Error screenshot (if any):

What did you do to get this issue?
it never happened to me, the game crashed a maximum of 1 time a week, only recently it started happening to me very often

What server did you get this issue on? Be specific and name some, ‘all of them’ by itself isn’t useful!
i only play on RSM Freeroam 1 or RSM Freeroam 2

3 Likes

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

1 Like

Any update on this? I also had this start recently along with all my server members.

2 Likes

I started having this crash recently too, usually when teleporting somewhere, and then swiftly turning my camera 180 degrees

CfxCrashDump_2023_04_07_02_58_47.zip (3.4 MB)

This is a fairly long-standing issue, but it’s still not really deduced to anything specific yet… it’s still some type of popular addon content that leads to this, but again, it’s unknown at this time what.

One thing I noticed in Sasino’s log file above is that somehow the game has been running for a very long time, and it could be some resource restart in there was also related?

Checking crash metadata shows that the common crash case here actually is from _drawPedDC in addition to the older code path. This might be another regression from fix(streaming/five): Prevent drawable texture quality degradation due to skin tone blending by z3t4s · Pull Request #1841 · citizenfx/fivem · GitHub, given it started around the day that got merged.

I’m backing that change out for the time being, this change should hit canary shortly.

1 Like

Our server has been experiencing this exact error for weeks now. We have tried to disable almost all of our recently added resources, EUP, vehicles, MLOs, and even older ones - all to no prevail. Would love some more insight on this as our players have been crashing a LOT.

CfxCrashDump_2023_04_16_11_14_55.zip (2.0 MB)

1 Like

I have about 30 different crash logs from members of our server if you think you’d be able to use those to identify a consistent issue.

Another crash from my members of servers, Version 2699
CfxCrashDump_2023_04_22_23_33_16.zip (1.7 MB)

1 Like

Yes I was in fact in my testing server for hours, and I did restart the main resource a few times before it happened. It’s always like that, before the crash happens with code fix-zebra-bacon / setSamplersForPixelShader, it’s always between the 3rd to 5th main resource restart. If this can help, the main resource restart (written in C#) also causes the GTA “Switch out” and “Switch in” effects to come into play, as well as the screen fading out and fading in. The crash happens once you have “switched in”, and you turn the camera the other side; it consistently crashes when looking in a different direction than the one I was looking at when I spawned.

1 Like

Any update on this? We have started recently seeing this crash on our server a lot more.

Yeah, the change that causes the increase in that error had been backed out, but that doesn’t fix the original cause before the increase.

Without reproduction steps this is kind of impossible to give ‘any update’ on though.

1 Like

Just wanted to give my own server side update to this…

I removed the Gabz’s ottos, pizza, and bowling MLOs (as that seemed to be the hot spot area) - and also updated the server artifacts again, and people have not had the crash anymore. So either it was mlos or artifacts.

I am going to turn mlos back on this evening to test and see.

Did it work fine?

Alright so after a few days of testing - can confirm its something in the ottos group.
Everything off besides them, the shader crash returns.

What i havnt figured out yet (been busy), is which specific one, or if its a combination, or just in general the ottos, pizzeria, and bowling.

1 Like

Thanks for solution that solve my issue too

1 Like

Have Any One Verified This ???

is there any other reason for crash ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.