Game became laggy after time

Hi
I’ve been playing FiveM since 2017 and this year i’ve gotten an issue with lag spikes and it makes the game almost unplayable. I can go to a server and everything works, but when i start going little bit further in the map, the game starts lagging and i’m getting like 10fps or under. Its all good if i just stand around and don’t go too far. But who wants to play GTA and only stand around? I think it’s because of FiveM updates or is my PC just getting too old for this. I gotta say that the game worked perfectly for the first 6 months.

GTA V version?

Up to date?
  • Yes
    Legit or Pirate copy?
  • Legit
    Steam/CD/Social Club?
  • Steam
    Windows version?
  • Windows 10 Pro
    Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
  • No
    Error screenshot (if any)
    System specifications
    CPU - i5-2400 3.10GHz
    GPU - GeForce GTX 745
    RAM - 8GB DDR3
    What did you do to get this issue?
  • I honestly dont know
    What server did you get this issue on?
  • Every
    CitizenFX.log file
  • CitizenFX.log.1 (46.4 KB)
    CitizenFX.log.2 (129.7 KB)

.dmp files/report IDs

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot

Also add what you already tried so far.

• Reinstalling the game
  • Watched YT tutorials on how to make the game run smoothly

Hope i can fix the game

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

your main issue is your GPU the GTX 745 isnt that good of a card i would consider upgrading it.

What GPU would be good with my CPU? Any suggestions?

i would get atleast a 1050 ti or a 1060 now that the prices are dropping due to the new RTX 2080’s.

Since you say you used to play FiveM “fine”, I would suggest to try out a vanilla server and see if you get the same low FPS.

You can also enter resmon 1 in your console (and resize with Ctrl+Alt while in F8 console) to determine whether any resources take up a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.