[FREE] [RELEASE] FiveM Engine Swap

IMPORTANT
I am giving up on 5m, which means no more updates will be pushed out… Anyone can take the script and start working on it to make it better, you dont need to ask for permission, just credit me, thats all I ask… Thanks Everyone

Description
This is a simple script (Uses lua) that you can use to “swap engines” of your car (ONLY changes engine audio as of yet). I have plans of editing the code so that each engine would have a specific power output and torque output simulating actual Engine swaps with performance changes. Also this does not use any currency as of yet, just open the menu and install the engine.
Detailed editing instructions are included as you would have to edit this yourself, because such mods can only be generalized because everyone has different car mods

I WILL BE UPLOADING VIDEO EXAMPLES SOON (PS: Will link the videos when I do)
It is NOT synced with the server as of yet
NOTE You may NOT re-upload this script to anywhere (Including cfx) without me DIRECT permission. You can ONLY share this to other people by sharing a link to this forum… Also do credit me if you use this in you videos

DOWNLOAD
V1.0
engineswap.7z (2.6 KB)

BUGS
None as far as I have tested and know. Feel free to let me know of any bugs you encounter.

Due to some irl issues like studies, the development is halted, please keep submitting issues and I will get back to them once I get time.
14 Likes

Cool idea, thank you for release, I will test it

2 Likes

AWESOME, i hope its synced between players.

2 Likes

Nice concept.

2 Likes

Testing this on our server - if you guys need help testing it behind the scenes our DM’s are open!

2 Likes

no chance for dunko vrp ?

1 Like

Would be good if the sound syncs on the server

1 Like

Great Script works like a charm

1 Like

Hey, I’ve been working on a similar script and I’ve tried multiple things to sync the sound change between players but failed. I’m exited to know how you’ll find your way out!

1 Like

No not yet, but I am working on it

1 Like

Yea I’ll try my best, am working on it currently…

Might add that later on but not yet

1 Like

Yea I’ll probs need someone to test out the server sided part of the script when I’m done with it

is this esx ?

1 Like

im down

1 Like

No, this isnt esx based

1 Like

has this been made to do full engine swaps yet?

no, just the sound… changing models hasnt been implemented yet, neither has performance changes

1 Like

You say it’s not ESX based but I tried it on my localhost that doesn’t have any esx frameworks and it keeps giving me errors related to esx. Particularly about the UI Menu.

SCRIPT ERROR: @engineswap/client/main.lua:31: attempt to index a nil value (global ‘ESX’)

Is there a way to disable the esx option?

can i use it in a standalone server