[FREE][QBCORE]Chameleon Vehicle Paint Item

A simple script to use an item to apply chameleon paint to vehicles in fivem. I haven’t seen much discussion about the chameleon paint affects added in a recent DLC, so thought I would make very simple script to show how these new vehicle color indexes are applied. I have added a simple inventory icon for this item, and you must move spraypaint.ogg to your interactsound resource. I’m sure more can be done with this like adding indexes to qb-customs or adding job dependancy, but I will leave that to all of you to do. Hope this helps.

The meta and texture files found in the data and stream folders must be present for this to work.

Chameleon Paint Item

• Usable item to apply chameleon paint effects to vehicles.
  • There are 16 color schemes total.
  • That’s it.

Credit

• [MrZedo] Used information and assets found in this repo to implement the primary effect…

Dependencies

qb-core
For the colors to work you must be in GameBuild 2545 or 2699

Free

GITHUB

Preview

Applying paint

8 Likes

please make this as a esx thing SOMEONE

2 Likes

def need to a esx version.
Dope free release Joe!

2 Likes

do you need a certain server build for these to work? i’ve got your latest commits but it just paints the car black for me, definitely sending the correct index numbers too

1 Like

same thing happens to me

I did recently fix the placement of the ytd file. It should be in the stream folder.

ye just downloaded about 10 mins ago i get the black paint as well.

no luck for me either… its white only maybe specific server build or full restart?

You need to have server build 2545, i just worked it out

Yes, its highly not advised to refresh with new stream files mid session.

oh that’s to bad I am on 2699

1 Like

I will add this info to the post. Great info.

Can someone please convert it to Esx ?

Sure, I will convert it.

2 Likes

Thank you Robby ! You are awsome as always !

It looks like the color indexes changed between game builds. I will work on adding a conditional later.

@Goykz @Stuxxyofficial @Coward_TV If you are one build 2699, try the latest commit.

1 Like

really nice…if u make it work on 2699 and make the paintjobs to save we’d be more than thankfull haha :slight_smile:

The push from 5 min ago should fix 2699, while maintaining compatibility with 2545.

1 Like

Yep it works, thanks <3

1 Like