[FREE] MrNewbNameChanger QB/QBX name change script (item based)

MrNewbNameChanger

Description

MrNewb Name Changer , a way players can modify their character’s names with an item. This script features a 2 items, the “namechangevoucher,” which, when used, triggers an input menu to set a new name (idea was a redeem item for less admin intervention). Players can update their first and last names, and the item is automatically removed upon use. The “blankmarriagecertificate” provides the ability for a Judge or another designated role to complete the certificate with the desired name. Once filled, the item can then be handed to the player for usage, making a seamless name change. The changes are reflected in character info / metadata for both QBCore and QBx_Core frameworks, without the need for a relog.

Additionally, the script comes equipped with a marriage certificate item, providing for various roleplay scenarios. Whether used as an item claim or filled by a judge/police after approval, the marriage certificate offers more depth to a name change.

The “namechangevoucher” item is designed with security and automation in mind, allowing players to change their names without requiring admin intervention. The script supports both qb-inventory and ox_inventory. Furthermore, logging options are available for both OxLib and QBCore.

Features

• User-Friendly Interface: Utilizes OxLib input for a smooth and intuitive name-changing experience.
  • Framework Compatibility: Compatible with both QBCore and QBx_Core frameworks.
  • Automatic Removal: Removes the item upon name change.
  • No Relog Required: Allows players to see the changes without the need for a relog.
  • Compatibility: Works with both qb-inventory and ox_inventory.
  • Logging: Supports logging for OxLib and QBCore.

Usage

1. Acquire the Name Changer item or blank name certificate: Could be from a shop/admin/redeem system
  2. Use the item: Trigger the OxLib/qb input to modify your character’s first and last names.
  3. Enter desired names: Input the desired first and last names and submit the changes.
  4. Automatic Removal: The item is automatically removed, and your character’s name is instantly updated in character info and metadata.

Additional Features

• Configurable Item Names: Customize item names to fit the theme of your server.
  • Job Checks: Implement job checks to control the usage of marriage certificate items, adding an extra layer of roleplay.
9 Likes

Life saver, our old one broke when moving over to qbox :grin:

1 Like

Glad it helped :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey! Do i have to change something?

When I change my name and get a new ID for example, the game freezes

send me a dm with any errors you get, what inventory you are using, also what inventory and notification system you are using. And I can help from there

1 Like