[Free] Discord Action Buttons. (Simple script!)

Hello :raised_hand: This is a Simple script that will add Discord Action Buttons for The Discord Rich Presence. Nothing Fancy! Just Using new Native :slight_smile:

Screenshot :framed_picture: :

Keep in mind that you still need a Rich presence Script if you want to make your Discord RPC (Discord Rich Presence) Fancy.
Something like this :slight_smile:

Download Link :

Checkout My Other Scripts :

Like Always. Dont Forget To Give a :heart: if you enjoyed This Script!

28 Likes

Thank you for getting this here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awli :+1:

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

This could be a issue on my end but I didn’t seem to get the buttons to actually work? All I did was change the text they hold. Didn’t remove the %% Just in Case.

I just noticed the same.

Weird . Didn’t have this issue while testing.

Well as I read documentation on discord itself. You can’t click your “own” button links. But how-ever someone else (NEEDS to be a different account) Has the ability to click the buttons and direct them to the link that is bound to it. So if your code looks like.

config.lua

Config = {}

Config.Buttons = {

{index = 0,name = 'CHANGEME',url = 'LINK'},

{index = 1,name = 'CHANGEME',url = 'LINK'}

}

Then someone on a different account (Can use same machine on an alt account) Will be able to access the button.

2 Likes

I’ve seen more than 10 servers that use this script now. I cannot confirm that the issue is the code. Change your fivem to canary and test again.

Please read refer to my post above… I explained why you couldn’t click the button yourself. Else refer to the section below copy-pasted of a external game.

Discord doesn’t let you click your own buttons. However, everyone else can. This is a limitation with Discord.

The code now works fine after testing it on an alt account on the same computer you can click these. You just can’t click the buttons as the author of the presence.

But Kudo’s I love this script and brings better understanding to my community!

2 Likes

Yes, can confirm, Discord doesn’t let you click your own buttons. But others can click them and they work just fine.

3 Likes

Incredibly useful, thanks for sharing - I can see this & the use of such natives becoming a staple for all servers.

1 Like

Amazing! :snail: Thank you!

1 Like

I set up 3 buttons but only show up only one button. :frowning:

The way I look at the discord documentation for developers Shows that only 2 buttons are supported to be on a game presence. The picture below is what game developers use discord’s documentation with.

Showing us that 2 buttons is the max that it can currently support.

Thank you for the release, really is a good one.

This thing is not working for me

config.lua

Config = {}

Config.Buttons = {

{index = 0,name = 'CHANGEME',url = 'LINK'},

{index = 1,name = 'CHANGEME',url = 'LINK'}

}

Change the CHANGEME To the text that you want to display and the LINK To a Browser URL. You can NOT Click your own buttons try using an alt. Also you need to disconnect and reconnect to the server for it to show up on your discord because it only looks at the firstspawn.

• Serena K.
1 Like

i think you need a server side so this can work with infinity.

I recommend - for easier setup - make change this Connect button to:
{index = 1,name = ‘Join Server’,url = ‘fivem://connect/’ … GetCurrentServerEndpoint()},

The IP will then change itself accordingly - useful when running multiple servers.

2 Likes