FPS Help

Hey guys,

I was wondering if I could get some tips with FPS. I’m running on a MacBookPro 2015 with Windows 10 BootCamp, i7, AMD Radeon R9 370X, 16GB of RAM. It’s connected via HDMI to a monitor (using the monitor only - not extended) and I just installed the latest version of GTA 5 and FiveM. My problem is, my FPS is always so low on most servers I go on to, so I try to stay within servers where I get the highest FPS. But my FPS is always quite low and half of the time, it drops to unplayable amounts. I tried deleting cache and stuff, I obviously turned down graphics, population density, etc. to the lowest points, I also tweaked with my AMD Radeon settings and my FPS improved slightly but I’m still looking to increase it in order to improve gameplay. I also disabled Steam Overlay (and I found that this impacts FPS quite a bit) and I’m closing literally everything when playing.

With everything above applied, I actually get pretty decent FPS when running GTA 5 Story mode. It’s only on FiveM servers that this happens - and I obviously understand why, because the servers have their own vehicles and content.
Any tips to improve FPS? Thanks a lot!

UPDATE: Ok, so, quick update, going to Fullscreen and lowering the resolution to something like 1280x1000 (or something similiar) actually helps a lot. You stay in fullscreen and the only thing that changes, is that the resolution might be a bit worse but it’s still perfectly viewable, but more importantly, way more playable!

GTA V version? Latest version
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Social Club
Windows version? Yes
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
System specifications MacBookPro 2015 with Windows 10 BootCamp, i7, AMD Radeon R9 370X, 16GB of RAM - connected via HDMI to a monitor (using the monitor only - not extended)
What server did you get this issue on? Servers with a lot of download content

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

improve fps = play on better servers

Ok, so, quick update, going to Fullscreen and lowering the resolution to something like 1280x1000 (or something similiar) actually helps a lot. You stay in fullscreen and the only thing that changes, is that the resolution might be a bit worse but it’s still perfectly viewable, but more importantly, way more playable!

If you’re able to, change full screen to windows borderless, see if that helps at all.

yeah, i did mess around with that and as I said earlier, going into Fullscreen and lowering the resolution (which in turn improves FPS but decreases the quality) helps with FPS and that balances out exactly what I need.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.