FPS Drops on a good PC

Environment questions

GTA V version: Latest
Up to date: Yes
Legit or Pirate copy: Legit
Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: Steam
Windows version: Windows 11
Did you try to delete content_index.xml and try again? Yes
System specifications: RTX 4070 Ti, 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM CL16 , Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus PRIME X570-P, Crucial P3 SSD disk, 1TB, M.2 80mm, PCI-e 3.0, x4 NVMe, 3D NAND, LC POWER 850W LC6850M, ACER VG271U M3 180 hz 2560x1440 Monitor.
CitizenFX crash zip file (‘Save information’ on a crash):/
logs/CitizenFX_log files:/
.dmp files/report IDs:/

If you can’t start the game at all

GTA V folder screenshot:
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot:
Filepath to FiveM folder:
FiveM client folder screenshot:
Which antivirus/firewall software are you using?
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?

Important parts

What is the issue you’re having? FPS drops all the way from 180 to 60 on random parts of the map

What are you trying to do? I’m trying to resolve this issue to atleast have over 120 fps at all times, or at least that it doesn’t drop as much and cause game stutters

What have you tried already to fix the issue? Yes triend changing settings ingame and in control panel, registry, powerplans, reinstalling, verifying game files, set high performance for the app itself.

Error screenshot (if any):/

**What did you do to get this issue?**Nothing it was just this way.

What server did you get this issue on? Be specific and name some, ‘all of them’ by itself isn’t useful! FullsendRP, BlueskyRP, MDX City, BluecityRP

Additional comments

I’m getting fps drops all the way to 60 causing the game to stutter. I’ve tried several things already as I stated above. Lowering the graphics settings doesn’t seem to do anything also. Other games such as COD MW3, Assassins creed’s, Battlefield V and I, Black Desert Online, have absolutely no problems, the problem only persists in FiveM. I just want it to run smoothly so I can play normal. I’d appreciate any help if anyone has a tip or a trick to help me out.

I’d like to thank you in advance.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Are you running Windows 11 enterprise edt by any chance?

No, it’s Windows 11 Pro

GTAV is an old game so it cant be necessarily expected to run well on hardware that is almost a decade newer than the game itself :laughing:
My recommendation is to set up a FPS limit to 120 and play like that; in my experience, doing that seems to eliminate most of the stutters not caused by any other reason.

Yea it did remove the stutter, but the drops still go down to 60 fps and I have no idea why. My friend has an older system and he’s locked on 144 fps doesn’t drop at all. The drops are random not at any specific locations so I don’t know, I talked to few people and noone seems to have this problem.

Do the stutters happen after you go over 189FPS?

No my fps doesn’t go over 180

I removed cache a bunch of times, also tried verifying game files, I currently have my settings set on high, without any mods. I’ll post my settings. My GPU usage is around 60 to 80% depends on interiors and areas of the map with more scripts I guess.

I would try with medium settings in this case

Yea I already tried and it’s basically the same, even on lowest settings unfortunately.

See if you are limited by power plan settings and check the temperarute of your GPU. Try to update your GPU driver too

Also 80% GPU usage sounds not good for me

I’ve set everything on high performance, and my GPU temperature doesn’t pass 55 c when playing. Drivers are the latest. As I’ve said I only have this problem in FiveM, other games run perfectly smooth.

i recommend you since you got a 5900x to limit your Game to run only on one CCD instead of two.
I got a 5950x and 3080ti and i run FPS 200+ Stable.
It is cause (my guess) from the cross CCD latency if Windows decides to switch the game across ur CCD’s wich intruduces some extra latency cause ur IO DIE will run at 1600MHz wich is “slow”. Since Zen3 got 5900 upwarts always 2 CCDs this is the best bet. You can set your Cors for the Game thread via Task Manager if it helps i recommend you buying Process Lasso im using that aswell. Just select the first 8c. GL

I have no idea how to disable 1 CCD with task manager or with Process Lasso, is it possible if you could guide me a little, if it’s not too much of a trouble and work ?

Thanks in advance

Can you try Canary and see if you still have this issue?

I’m not really sure what Canary is to be honest haha.

That’s perfectly fine, Canary is the “unstable” version of FiveM which is where all changes go to before they are released to everyone.

You can find it by clicking the Settings cog in the top right → Click Game on the Side Bar → the first thing you should see is “Update Channel” switch it to “Latest (Unstable)” and restart.

If this fixes your issue then you should stay on Canary until the changes make it to the Release channel, after which you should swap back to release as Canary is unstable and will have issues

Instantly crashed after 5 minutes haha

1 Like