Forum Suggestion

This is a critique of the cfx.re forums. Please take this as the criticism that it is, and not as anything else.

Here’s the issue. You search of the Interwebs for an error you’re having with the fivem client, some fivem script, and error code you are looking to fix, etc, and find exactly what you need. You then click the link from that search engine only to find the topic has no answers or a responses along the lines of “Nevermind, I fixed the issue, thanks” without an explanation of how it was fixed.

We all go to the Internet to self-help on issues. We sometimes post on the very service we are looking for help with. And many times, there isn’t a response to that query.

So here’s what I ask or propose:

A response posted by a moderator or community guru :
This would be most helpful for help with some of the more obscure errors we get. Putting information into a topic on a site that is LITERALLY DESIGNED to share information, would be of the most use. Nothing is more frustrating than search the web for your error, coming to a site that should have an answer and finding the topic is closed due to auto-moderation after 30 days. Which leads me to the next suggestion–

Hide or remove the original post so it can’t be indexed by a search engine. There’s already a mess of misinformation on the Internet, let’s not add to it. And if you intend to self-close the topic, POST YOUR SOLUTION instead of the “Thanks I fixed it.” without the explanation. Nothing is more frustrating than not sharing the very information you found when you yourself was looking for it.

Make self-diagnosing tools available to the masses. Nothing is more frustrating that posting said crash reports on the forums to never get a response from someone that can decipher the crash-dump file. So instead of the crash-dump essentially getting put in a bin to be tossed later without a response, give the server admins and self-help gurus access to read the crash-dump files so we can fix the issue and share our fixes with everyone else.

I know this seems like a gripe post, but I can’t be the only one that has thought this in the past.

FiveM is an amazing creation for a 13+ year old game that is great for bringing together communities of people–but so frustrating when the most used multiplayer modification tool doesn’t have a solution for the enigmatic error codes.

Let us help ourselves so we can help others.

Thanks!