Flawless Widescreen not working

GTA V version: newest update at time (09/04/2022)
Up to date:yes
Legit or Pirate copy:Legit on steam
Purchased where - Steam
Windows version: 21H2
System specifications: Ryzen 7 5800x, 32 GB Ram 3200ghz, rx5700 xt

What is the issue you’re having?
When playing FiveM i use an application called Flawless widescreen which allows me to up my up my Fov to make the game look nicer. Since the update on the 08/04/22 it seems that changing the application window on fivem has made it so that flawless widescreen wont work. Since the window is no longer called “FiveM”.

What are you trying to do?
I would like for this change to be reverted since there a lot of people that use this application, even the big streamer Whippy who streams on No Pixel. With this new update ive not been able to find a way to get it working again.

What have you tried already to fix the issue?
Ive tried:

1. uninstalling
    2.running as admin
    3.changing the name of fivem to match the name on flawless widescreen

What server did you get this issue on?
No Pixel Public Purple

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

I have the same issue here, it’s not because of the servers it’s the FiveM update.

What I’ve tried:

renaming the FiveM Process and Window name,
editing the flawless widescreen file,
nothing has worked so far I’ll keep looking into it

Finally! hope this works

Process_FriendlyName = Module:GetFriendlyName()
Process_WindowName = "FiveM%R by Cfx.re"
Process_ClassName = "grcWindow"
Process_EXEName = "FiveM.exe"
1 Like

for some reason doing this makes my flawless widescreen not load when trying to open the gta v plugin.
it just stays like this in the image

ok i got it, its because i copied it off of here. It has an embedded link into the cfx.re part so just type it out yourself and it works, thanks a lot.

Instead of a window title check, why not only check for the window class (grcWindow, just like normal GTA V)?

It worked man,thanks a lot!

1 Like

where should I type this in ?

Go to your Flawless Widescreen download directory, (mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\Flawless Widescreen)
Locate PluginCache > FWS_Plugins > Modules > GTAV > Dependencies > Scripts > Open GTAV.lua
and type it in under Process Vars
let me know if this works

Still getting " Could not find FP_FOVFix injection point, Grand Theft Auto V may have updated to a version that is no longer supported." after changing the Process Vars.

Any idea?

2 Likes

i would try doing these changes on both, grand theft auto V and grand theft auto V (updated) usually i run both and see if one of the two work

I was not using the Rose GTA V (UPDATED), That was the issue thanks!!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.