Hints.dat was weird.
Cfx.re Client / February 2023 Update 1
This update (with version number 6279) applies to both FiveM and RedM and contains the usual set of quality improvements and bug fixes.
- A few main menu tweaks:
- If a connection error doesn’t come from a server (such as a ban), the server header won’t show above the error anymore.
- Server reviews won’t show if they have been ‘hidden after being flagged by the community’.
- Images in server reviews won’t bleed out of the review box anymore.
- Loading screens shouldn’t get stuck anymore when reconnecting to a server that has used DUI.
RegisterNuiCallbacknative now exists, mainly for non-Lua scripting runtimes.
- The game will no longer crash when restarting a NUI resource with a pending callback.
- NUI callbacks to JS resources will no longer lead to long hangs/deadlocks due to thread affinity.
- The ‘Fixed-size NUI’ option no longer leads to scroll wheel events and select boxes being positioned incorrectly.
- Any resource can be accessed using
https://cfx-nui-URLs now, instead of only older
nui://URLs which don’t work with
- The GET_RESOURCE_RAW_KVP commands have been removed because these didn’t work correctly and were usable as a memory read exploit.
- The game will no longer crash from loading a missing
resource.rpfif canceling connecting to a server at a certain time.
onResourceStopcallbacks no longer run on disconnect, these couldn’t ever do anything meaningful and often led to game crashes.
- The game will no longer crash if having the ‘USB Vibration’ driver installed for some broken USB gamepads.
- The ‘Network drilldown’ debug tool won’t show empty nodes as expandable anymore.
- NUI now redirects
storage.googleapis.com/discord/as the former domain seems to no longer work.
- FiveM: The game will no longer crash about ScriptStore pool for a common replacement
- FiveM: The game won’t crash at startup from a race condition in the ‘Streaming memory’ tool anymore if this tool was open before game launch.
- FiveM: The game will no longer crash if a RPC call references a network object without a game object.
- FiveM: Delta patches have been added to allow downgrading from build 2824.
- FiveM: A few new natives have been added:
- DRAW_LINE_2D to draw 2D lines.
- SET_RUNTIME_TEXTURE_IMAGE to replace a runtime texture without having to allocate a new runtime texture.
- GET_PED_MODEL_PERSONALITY to allow for dynamic reconfiguration of ped personalities.
- RedM: build 1491 was replaced with the 1491.17 update to match current game version.