[FIX] Crash: india-hotel-whiskey | nui-core.dll+5B0E6 error

[FIX] Crash: india-hotel-whiskey | nui-core.dll+5B0E6 error

I wanted to play RedM on a Windows 8.1 Pro version, I found out that this is not possible if you install RedM and want to play out of the box.

You will get the following error:
Code: nui-core.dll+5B0E6
Hash: india-hotel-whiskey
Screenshot:
nui-core.dll+5B0E6-india-hotel-whiskey

I investigate this crash and found out that it was caused by Chromium.

Solving the problem

What you need to do is install Chromium for a Windows 8.1 Pro system and matching x64 or x32 bit

Download: Windows 10, 8, 7

After downloading and opening Chromium, Chromium is installed on your computer.
(You don’t see anything happening, but a Chromium icon is on your desktop)

Go to the location where Chromium is installed:

C:\Users\{YOUR USERNAME}\AppData\Local\Chromium\Application

In the folder you will find a folder that is the current build number of Chromium, in my case: 84.0.4138.0
Open the folder of the build number, in my case 84.0.4138.0.
You’ll find files in there, copy all files and copy these files to

{RedM Folder}\bin

and

{RedM Folder}\cache\game\ros_{build}

If you are asked to replace files, replace those files

Now that you’ve done that, you can restart RedM

Note

You won’t be able to see anything of the UI, but you can still connect to servers via F8.

You can then use RedM Servers to find a server you’d like to join.

Screenshot:

If I find a better solution for this, I will edit and update this topic

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.