FiveM wouldn't install(?) No ui popup AND stuck on FiveM needs to update local game data

Environment questions

**GTA V version: no idea but it’s the lastest i just reinstall
**Up to date: YES
**Legit or Pirate copy: legit
**Purchased where - Steam
**Windows version: windows 11
**Did you try to delete content_index.xml and try again? can’t find
**System specifications:
Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 23H2
Installed on ‎12/‎23/‎2023
OS build 22631.3958

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1026.0
**CitizenFX crash zip file (‘Save information’ on a crash): none

**logs/CitizenFX_log files:
[ 4125] [ DumpServer] 16672/ DumpServer is active and waiting.
[ 4125] [ FiveM] MainThrd/ — BEGIN LOGGING AT Fri Aug 9 14:02:35 2024 —
[ 115109] [ FiveM] MainThrd/ — BEGIN LOGGING AT Fri Aug 9 14:04:26 2024 —

**.dmp files/report IDs:none

If you can’t start the game at all

**GTA V folder screenshot:

**GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot:

**Filepath to FiveM folder:none (or the one it created in download??)
FiveM client folder screenshot:

Which antivirus/firewall software are you using?
**Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?windows defender

Important parts

**What is the issue you’re having? At first i was trying to play FiveM as normal but when i start FiveM a window popup saying “FiveM needs to update local game data”
image when i click Yes it says updating game storage but it stuck at 0.00% or sometimes at 0.86mb. so then i thought i would fix it my self by deleting FiveM data in localappdata but when i did that and try to install FiveM(freshly downloaded from the website it self) it wouldn’t start the install no ui popup

on the first click(FiveM.exe) it would start FiveM but it would sit in background and do nothing but eat cpu usage

and on the seccond click the “FiveM need to update local game data” comes up again

**What are you trying to do? install FiveM and play

**What have you tried already to fix the issue? Yes i tried deleting and reinstalling everything related to FiveM in my knowlegde including rededit(keywords = FiveM, CitizenFX, cfx) , tempfiles, rockstar, GTA V

Error screenshot (if any):

**What did you do to get this issue? delete FiveM localappdata on a common error

**What server did you get this issue on? Be specific and name some, ‘all of them’ by itself isn’t useful! none?? client problem

Additional comments

please help

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Might be some networking issue, try using a VPN.

Already tried using proton vpn. Thanks.

And, that did not work I assume?

YYes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.