FiveM without GTA Installed

Hey guys,i have GTA V in epic games, but, as my PC just have 250GB of disk space, (In total), i can have just 1 or 2 good games installed at the same time (changing between GTA, Warzone, etc.) and i see that u need to have GTA installed. Is there any way to play FiveM without having GTA installed? i know the actual way is for “Security and verification for having GTA adquared”, but i think that GTAO and RP are very diferent, so u need to have 1 for playing the other one. Idk if its possible to have just a Social Club authentication, or if something happened in the past and thats why u have to install GTA for playing RP.

1 Like

FiveM requires GTA for the files so you need to have GTA installed alongside FiveM.

but theres videos where they open FiveM and later on they link their SC account (and appearly they dont have installed GTA)

The answer to your question is: no

1 Like

They have GTA V installed somewhere no matter what.

I beg to differ actually. I just uninstalled GTA from steam, and my FiveM can still process it despite it being uninstalled and I can play the game? Unless gta 5 copied itself somehow because when I first launched online for it, the character creation crashed my game and said I need to install the game again. but I had the files already?

First of all, good job bumping a 2 year old topic. Secondly, you’re crazy. FiveM WILL NOT work without gta5 being fully installed.

1 Like

It is literally impossible for FiveM to properly run and start without gta 5.

I bought GTA 5 on steam, I uninstalled it, yet FiveM still let me play the game. I literally have had people make me screenshare just to confirm I have gta 5 bought on steam for this very reason. I have played it, whilst steam told me to install it, when I didn’t have it. My friends when they played FiveM for them it said they had gta 5 installed, but them moment i launched my fiveM first time to play a server, when I went to steam it said I had to install it again.

Again: you 100% have another GTA V install lingering somewhere. Use a program such as Voidtools Everything to search your PC for files such as x64a.rpf to find where that install is.

Yeah, I just did it, I appareantly do have it installed in one of my drivers, but Steam just doesn’t register it I guess. Sorry for the problems. :sweat_smile:

1 Like