GTA V version? 1.0.1737.6 Latest
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy?
Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club?
Steam
Windows version?
10 Build version: 1903
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
Yes
Error screenshot (if any)
System specifications
RTX 2070, i5-8600K, 16gb RAM, m.2 SSD, PCIe ASUS Network Card
What did you do to get this issue?
I don’t think it would be anything specific, really
What server did you get this issue on?
American Dream RP
CitizenFX.log file
Isn’t needed, just a quick question
.dmp files/report IDs

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot

I have had the folder like this forever, and doesn’t have anything to do with my problem
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot

Filepath to FiveM folder
C:\Users\twaad\AppData\Local\FiveM
FiveM client folder screenshot

Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?
I don’t think this would help me and I know what Im doing. I have made exceptions for fivem in my antivirus anyway.

Also, add what you already tried so far

FiveM is using around 5.0MBps, which, when converted, is most of my download speed. This then gets me a high ping. I checked this in task manager

Ok, so when I load into the server witch Im usually playing on, from time to time, the program or server more specifically is using way too much internet, it’s using 60% to 90% of my internet. It’s the ping that concerns me. This is going to sound weird but I am using my mobile data to play games on, It works great. I don’t have a good download speed, to begin with, but I have good ping in all other games and applications. With the game using so much internet you would think Im getting a good ping, but instead, Im getting a really high ping. It’s a OneSync server, I don’t know if that is relevant. Im 95% sure it is FiveM’s fault because I have tested my internet a thousand times.

If you know a fix for this or have a general knowledge of internet so you can tell me what is wrong, any help would be appreciated

1 Like

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

1 Like

i’m 100% sure it isn’t, but you’re playing on a server with too many asset downloads/players for your connection to even be able to keep up

‘ping’ increasing when download goes up to a connection’s max is called buffer bloat

It’s not a fivem thing, like mentioned above the server you’re playing on has a lot of custom resources which causes your client to download those resources while you’re playing, which in turn will make your ping higher if your bandwidth is being saturated.

You really shouldnt expect much from a mobile device connection. The “workaround” would be using a reliable connection with enough bandwidth for your needs. There isnt anything else you can do about it if you dont operate the server you’re playing on.

Thank you. This helps a lot. Then it actually isn’t FiveM’s fault. What Im thinking about, it doesn’t happen every time. And I can play for a long time and have no problem, so I think it varies for no reason. My internet is stable so this makes no sense. I will take this problem to another forum. Thanks for giving me more information

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.