FiveM supports localhost using ip address?

Like gta co-op mod, can I make local server not affected by FiveM’s master server?

2 Likes

Unfortunately you have to be connected to the internet in order to run a FiveM server. However you can direct connect to a local IP, And if you want your server to not be advertised on the server list You can edit your server.cfg and remove the # from the line: #sv_master1 ""

Thanks for reply! so if Fivem’s master server was down, but I can play my server using my ip address?(using Direct connection)

1 Like

correct. You can also play on LAN if you dont have internet if ur hosting the server from your own computer

@XDRONE @nostapce
FiveM’s server needs Internet In order to run so it can authenticate your server key.
If you don’t have internet the server will refuse to run.

1 Like

oh true that i forgot about the server key. :grinning:

so how can i set my server to public or how can i get my server IP?

2 Likes

No, i think theres something like Sv_lan 1, and if you enable that it wont require a connection.

How do you join a IP adress

I hope you eventually figured it out.

If not, press F8 then type in connect, a space, and then the IP.

2 Likes

Which IP should you be using, the one in the server.cfg or the one that you used to port forward?

For the IP, which address should you be using, the one in the server.cfg or the one that you used to port forward?

1 Like

For lan connections the host will likely use 127.0 0.0 but any other users would use the hpst computers ip. Only you can figure that out as every router is different and your local ip could be anything from 1.1.1.2 to 255.255.255.255, however it’s usually something like 192.168.1.x or 192.168.0.x

1 Like

I use 172.0.0.1 just for regular localhost connection.

Good night I’m trying to do my server and I put the ip server 172.0.0.1 and it won’t let me in after I downloaded all the programs and I leave them open if you can help me I’ll thank you

Hello Arelis, try using 127.0.0.1 i think the other guy made a typo.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Can people get my IP address from my server if it is public?

yes, he can get the ip