FiveM starts as paintbrush

Hi, I wanted to start my game and it don’t. It opened some Windows paintbrush application which said Can’t read Fivem.exe. I tried removing the game files but I can’t download them again because I can’t start my game. Does anyone have a solution?

17 Likes

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

2 Likes

Same thing happening to me
Video: Desktop 2023 01 21 16 16 47 02 - YouTube

2 Likes

Same here

3 Likes

its the same by me did u find a way to fix it?

Same here

1 Like

We think fiveM got hacked

8 Likes

same to me

3 Likes

same here bruh

3 Likes

fivem down

redm recently also had a problem similar to this what i heard somone on the team was fired and is fucking with the codes for both of them

2 Likes

This is happening to me as well. When u try to open the client to re install fiveM it makes a file called
CitizenFX.exe on ur desktop or a file named .updater-remove-4bc072ba.

2 Likes

I’ve had to uninstall my game and try install it again, this has still not worked and it continues to open as paintbrush.

2 Likes

same. im glad its not just me lol…

5 Likes

me too lmao

1 Like

Bruh i thought i was the only one but i see everyone is having a problem

Same… bit confused tbh. Other people in DoJRP are running fine in server.

same here

1 Like

Instead of the error, now it opens a paint, fivem is officially hacked

2 Likes

similarly

1 Like