Fivem server Onesync Windows or Linux !?

hello, i would like to know which is the best stable bone for a fivem server?
What is the best compatibility?

Windows is better than Linux ! :wink::v:(Only for OneSync^^)

Doesn’t matter. Although there was an issue with onesync on Linux a few weeks ago, it’s been fixed so I believe they both run and are looked after the same. Linux would probably use less server resources but that’s because it’s linux and not because of the fivem version.

1 Like

Windows is updated a lot more, but really it’s personal preference.

Debugging on Linux is limited to my understanding. What I’ve been explained is Windows is best for a 1S server and Linux is generally not.

Linux us generally better for hosting servers but sometimes Windows has its place and for game servers or some of them anyway is where window tends to shine.

And linux is actually updated more often then Windows :wink:

Otherwise, it comes down to uses… what the server is needed for, is security more important? etc etc.

One will always out weigh the other in different scenarios.

Windows is defo updated more often but most of them are bug fixes. The main substantial updates are usually done on both Windows and Linux at the same time.

It depends on a lot more things, they both get feature updates at the same time, however, Linux systems will use less resources so server rentals will be cheaper and potentially faster. All that being said almost double the amount of current servers use windows when compared to Linux. Which server OS you go with matters a lot less when compared with its specs and scripts.