Fivem server illegal?

Hello guys,

i wanted to quickly ask because I am concerned that it is Illegal to earn money with a FiveM server from Rockstars side.

Thats why I wanted to ask if you guys knew more about that whole topic.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Hmm, fiveM is totally separate from Rockstar. I know of many servers who use patreon to reward members with benefits for being a supporter, so no I would say its not illegal, however if you use the money for yourself and not server costs i.e upgrades then that is where it would be Illegal.

1 Like

Server owners who monetize their servers are often in the wrong. Most of them are not declared as a company or an association.Moreover, if they are, some of them monetize moded vehicles even though they don’t have the license/agreement of the original modeller. Yes I say original because most of the time GTA modelers just import the vehicles. Therefore, importers and server owners simply do not respect the copyright unless they mention or prove otherwise.

As I said, it doesn’t matter how they manage to get the money, they need a real status, that is to say a legal status, otherwise it is literally called tax evasion. In addition, this allows to secure the transaction, the server owner as well as the player are protected in case of problems.

and can rockstar games report me because its a privat gta server?

Everyone here is literally talking nonsense. Read the FiveM Terms of Service. It clearly states that you can make money but only through the Tebex platform (there are certain things you can and cannot sell, these are also outlined in the terms), any servers that are using Patreon/PayPal etc. are in breach of the terms and risk having their server taken down.

1 Like

FiveM Terms of Service means nothing in the eyes of the law. FiveM itself can be considered an illegal modification, and ToS in court usually carry no weight (atleast in EU). The reason FiveM is not sued to oblivion is because Rockstar allows them to exist, they could pull the plug if they wanted to. In the eyes of the law, Rockstar has full control.
All that being said, yes, I would say most Tebex stuff is actually illegal (law not civil wise), and if you really wanna mess with some owner, get his real name and address and report them to IRS (if american) and I would bet they dont report their profits.