FiveM Server can't resolve host "keymaster.fivem.net" after recent windows update.

Hello! I am currently having troubles with my home hosted FiveM server. Upon trying to start up my server today (after windows automatically updated yesterday). I am now getting an error that there was an issue resolving host “keymaster.fivem.net” which couldn’t get my license key.

I am also having a similar issue with my teamspeak server right after the update, which leads me to believe that this is 100% an issue caused by the windows update.

After updating windows and trying to start my server, I did get a popup to create a firewall exception, in which I selected and approved like the initial server setup…

Please let me know if anybody has recently experienced the same issue, or if there are any steps to solving this issue! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

‘Can’t resolve host’ means that your DNS server can’t find keymaster.fivem.net, try another DNS server like 8.8.8.8 (google) or 1.1.1.1 (cloudflare)

Yes, I’m aware that it’s DNS related. But I have verified that my DNS server is up and running, and have already tried an alternative DNS server, but still with no fix.

Please show the output of nslookup keymaster.fivem.net command in CMD or PowerShell

2 Likes

keymaster.fivem.net has blocked that within the servers. So can’t do that… No reply from the server

A site can’t block a DNS lookup, that would mean nobody would be able to access the website. Please show the output of your nslookup query

Hi, i have the same error,

my dns lookup

poweracc@localhost:~$ nslookup keymaster.fivem.net
Server: 8.8.8.8
Address: 8.8.8.8#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: keymaster.fivem.net
Address: 104.22.47.177
Address: 172.67.38.114
Address: 104.22.46.177