FiveM keeps downloading some files in background and i keep falling trough textures

Why did fivem download 30GB and i cant even see where are the downloaded files. I think it might be on a server i’ve been playing on. It keeps downloading something while i play on it, i did try many different servers and it downloads on them too. And i have another problem with all servers, just as i load into the game i fall trough textures and i cant drive any cars cause i keep falling trough them.

**GTA V version: Latest
**Up to date: Yes
**Legit or Pirate copy: Legit
**Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: Epic Games
**Windows version: Latest Windows 10 Professional
**Did you try to delete caches.xml (not cache/!) and try again? yes
**System specifications: RX 460 with AMD A10-7870k overclocked at 4.0GHz and 16GB DDR3 ram dual channel
**CitizenFX crash zip file (‘Save information’ on a crash): never crashed
**logs/CitizenFX_log files: CitizenFX_log_2021-04-09T182845.log (496.6 KB)
**.dmp files/report IDs:

Important parts

**What is the issue you’re having? I keep falling trough textures and fivem keeps downloading files in background. (Doesn’t happen in GTA Online)

**What are you trying to do? reinsalling fivem clearing cache downloading fps packs changing settings to the lowest and highest, i tried setting the priority for fivem to high and i tried to verify files. None of that worked.

What have you tried already to fix the issue?

**Error screenshot (if any): no error issues for falling trough textures but here is a screenshot that fivem downloaded 30GB dfgfdgdgdfgdf

**What did you do to get this issue? im having this issue first time i downloaded fivem

**What server did you get this issue on? BalkanHUB, Omega Roleplay, Vortex Roleplay and i tried some engish servers too.

2 Likes

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

1 Like

There’s things like cache, FiveM updates, regular traffic that is sent/recieved from a server that will count towards that “30GB” that you’re seeing. It sometimes isn’t necessarily actually downloading anything, but just playing on a server will count towards that because well that’s how the internet works. Constantly downloading/uploading information from or to a remote server.

Seeing as you play on many servers, you’re downloading the cache for those servers too.

I probably could’ve explained this better, but I’m too tired.

As far as falling through the ground/losing textures, there’s probably some oversized textures and other assets that are using up all of your texture/graphics memory that’s allocated to FiveM. Not really much that you can do as a player besides complaining to the owners and developers of those servers to optimize their assets. Or you could turn down your graphics settings I suppose if you want to do that.

Well the most annoying thing are the textures i am the only one experiencing that other players on server don’t fall trough them

For FiveM, you don’t need to be playing on Ultra or Very High. Especially popular servers such as RSM, or any of the big ones. Oddly enough, this can cause those texture issues. Turn em down a bit, tweak it, and you should be good to go.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.