FiveM freezes every 10-20 seconds

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

GTA V version? Latest
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? Windows 10
Did you try to delete content_index.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot (if any)
System specifications RTX 2060 Super, Ryzen 5 2600, 1TB SSD which GTA and FiveM is installed on, 16GB of ram, 650W PSU
What did you do to get this issue? It happens regardless what I’m doing, but it happens more or so whenever I’m driving, but it also happens while I’m just standing still.
What server did you get this issue on? Every server, RSM freeroam, servers that I made myself, servers with no scripts or people on it.
CitizenFX.log file
CitizenFX_log_2021-07-18T165411.log (655.9 KB)
.dmp files/report IDs

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot

GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot

Filepath to FiveM folder C:\Users\offic\AppData\Local\FiveM
FiveM client folder screenshot

Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes

Also add what you already tried so far. Factory Resetting PC, Starting FiveM with nothing else opened in the background (Only had FiveM, GTA V, and Steam installed), Turning graphics all the way down, Using a different graphics card, Playing in different resolutions (including fullscreened, and windowed), clearing cache, uninstalling then reinstalling GTA V, uninstalling then reinstalling FiveM, uninstalling then reinstalling windows, uninstalling then reinstalling different drivers.

Please also describe the issue you are having, providing as much information as possible will help us to help you. A good format you could use: what have you tried to do, what did you expect to happen and what actually happened. My game freezes every 10-20 seconds sometimes, and other times it may take up to 3-5 minutes. There has been times where it’s so bad, pretty much unplayable because every 10 seconds it freezes. As I showcase here:

This has been happening for the past 6 or so months, It used to never happen but all I can remember is one day it started and it’s only halted me from playing FiveM. I really hope somebody has any information on how to help, I am hopeless at this point. If any more information or videos are needed just let me know, thank you.

2 Likes

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

I’ve experienced this before. I’m pretty sure it has something to do with your ram or storage drive. What I recommend you do is run some tests to test the speed, reliability, and assumed health of your storage drive and ram.

1 Like

How did you fix it?

3 Likes

I just restarts my computer and it was fixed, however you already tried that

It stopped for about 2-3 days or so, now it’s back. So weird, I had so much fun playing, actually had the chance to get in police chases without teleporting all over the place.

1 Like

Now it only freezes once in a while, I did tons of optimizations and shit, what the fuck. Why do I have to do any of this. I’m actually so tired of it.

4 Likes

I’ve found out it also happens on GTA V story mode and GTA Online.

Make sure windows isnt doing any updates in the background and make sure its up to date.

I finally found a fucking fix, remove everything from this little section, fixed it. Finally, hope this helps anybody who has the same horrific problem as me. I can actually get into high speed police pursuits now.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.