FiveM freezes and i can't close it

Environment questions

GTA V version: 1.0.2245.0
Up to date: yes
Legit or Pirate copy: Legit
Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: Rockstar
Windows version: 19041.928
Did you try to delete caches.xml (not cache/!) and try again? couldn’t find that file
System specifications: Intel Core i5-7400 3.00 GHz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti
CitizenFX crash zip file (‘Save information’ on a crash): none the game freezes
logs/CitizenFX_log files:
.dmp files/report IDs:

Important parts

What is the issue you’re having?
Some red squares show up on screen and then game freezes
What are you trying to do?
I was trying to close fivem , ctrl+alt+del , none of them worked I can just restrt my pc
What have you tried already to fix the issue?
deleting the cache and updating my graphic card drivers
Error screenshot (if any): none

What did you do to get this issue? I am just playing on server and after red suqres appear on screen and disaper it usually freezes the screen and sound.

What server did you get this issue on?
hashiriya race server

Additional comments

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

there is a problem that appears and then it freezes

Make sure windows and your drivers are up to date.

You can also try verifying your game files to make sure nothing is wrong there “also remove your mods before doing it”.

Otherwise, i would perhaps look at possible issues with your videocard “overheating maybe?” check your temps see how they are when this happens.

I reinstaled nvidia geforce experience and squares disapeared but still my game freezes

Its really hard to help with something that gives no signs of a problem.

I would maybe still do the other things i mentioned like checking the temps of the graphics card to make sure it isnt overheating.

So I was checking some forums and they said to check activity viewer and there are some errors and also I reinstalled drivers and get an older one but still game freezesobraz_2021-04-21_133722 and now there is some texture issues before freezing(i can play like 10 minutes just fine and then boom freeze)

I have checked the temperatures 70 degrees celsius is max what it achieved

use something called DDU and re-install your videocard drivers those errors are still related to your videocard.

Using DDU will completely remove any videocard drivers and allow you to start fresh to make sure it isnt a driver issue.

I did that with DDu and now when i open Fivem it has 100% cpu usage lol even when in menu and I can’t connect to any server cause the lag

Its possible your video settings are the cause… trying setting them to high if you are on low, the lower you go the more CPU dependent it becomes.

It was just that there were no drivers installed for the GPU. Now I am back to the same position game freezes and can’t close it.

I have reinstalled the fivem and GTA V and it still freezes I think its a GPU issue due to the fact that some red squares pop up on screen

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.