FiveM failing to start.

GTA V version? Build 2215. Online 1.53
Up to date? Yes.
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit.
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam and Epic.
Windows version? Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2.
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Several times.
Error screenshot (if any) No error.
System specifications Ryzen 5 2600X, GTX 1080ti, 16GB RAM.
What did you do to get this issue? Tried to load it.
What server did you get this issue on? None. Client loading issue.
CitizenFX crash zip file N/A
CitizenFX.log file N/A
.dmp files/report IDs N/A

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot

GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to FiveM folder C:\Users\Guard\AppData\Local\FiveM
FiveM client folder screenshot
Which antivirus/firewall software are you using? Malwarebytes.
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes.

Also add what you already tried so far.

Updated video drivers.
Fresh installed FiveM three times
Uninstalled the version of GTA I was using from an Epic Games install to a Steam one.
Verified integrity of game files.
Updated R* launcher and ensured it’s signed in.
Ensured I’m signed in to cfx.re account.
Ensured I’m logged in to Discord.
Ensured I’m logged in to Steam/Epic.
Run a registry repair and clean.
Run chkdsk /f /r on system drive.
Run an SFC check.

After clearing the cache folder and removing the caches.xml and open FiveM, the initialization splash starts, I’m notified that my cache needs updating, which I do. Then when it tries to load, I get a notification from the R* launcher to say that “GTA V failed to verify game files”, my screen blinks, FiveM logo appears on my task bar for a second and then disappears.
If I try again then the client doesn’t open at all, no splash screen or anything, only way to replicate the above is to clear cache again.

Happens with both Steam and Epic versions of the game.

Contacted R* about the “failed to verify” issue but they can’t work out why it’s doing it.
Been using FiveM since last may and this is the first time I’ve ever run into this issue.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

In a rare turn of events I actually got a FiveM error notification but this is all I got from it, it doesn’t come up with a reason, a code string or the option to save the crashdump, it just disappears off the screen.

?

I’ll rephrase since I hadn’t realized that my Print Screen had removed my cursor, it didn’t allow me to click it as the icon was a loading symbol.
The box was there but I couldn’t interact with it in any way.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.