FiveM Development Kit key press problems

Hi

Just started using FxDK

And for some reason it keeps typing 1 when i press “Left Shift Key” or “Right Shift Key” and 8 if i hold “Backspace Key” while in console (Worth mentioning that this is only in the gameview and not happening in the normal FiveM)

any idea how i fix this?

Using Danish Keyboard (Nordic Keybord Layout)

1 Like

Adding to that, Layout is US, for me Escape is 2, Enter is 1.

Makes testing scripts impossible.

3 Likes

Do you have any reproduction steps for it breaking? It definitely works fine on default US layout for most everyone else.

Is this in the world editor, in dialog boxes (like entering a resource name) or in the text editor view itself?

1 Like

Yes, it is on US layout and this is the first time I’ve encountered that, worked fine earlier with same resource.

1. Open Cfx.re Dev Kit
  2. Load resources: vMenu (just downloaded and not modified)
  3. Start game server
  4. Try to spawn custom vehicle
  5. In this combination, I’ve pressed Shift-Control-Alt-CapsLock On-CapsLock Off-Backspace

2 Likes

Okay, so it’s actually scaleform input boxes that aren’t working (again).

1 Like

Glad to hear that at least you suspect what’s wrong :joy:

Is there any feasible workaround or any ETA on this?

Hope this Will be fixed Soon

cheers mate

I am having the same issue just with f8 console in the game window. Pressing enter inputs a 1 and then executes. Backspace does not work. Tested with both US layout for Windows & Cfx.re DK.

Still no estimate on when there is going to be a fix?

The cause of the issue has been pinpointed and a fix is in the works :blush:

Apologies for the late reply/notif for this thread, the issue has been fixed in this commit:
fix(sdk): don’t cast key code to string when sending char input to game · citizenfx/fivem@599fe91 (github.com)

2 Likes