FiveM crashing when installed on C drive (plugins folder problem?!)

Environment questions

GTA V version: Latest (1.0.2245.0) Date latest updated and reinstalled: 2021-03-20
Up to date: Yes
Legit or Pirate copy: Legit
Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: Rockstar Launcher
Windows version: Latest
Did you try to delete caches.xml (not cache/!) and try again? Yes
System specifications: GTX 1050ti 4gb i5-7600k, 16 gb ram, my pc runs very good.
CitizenFX crash zip file (‘Save information’ on a crash): I have no crashes it just shuts down without error.
logs/CitizenFX_log files:CitizenFX_log_2021-03-20T112621.log (160.7 KB)
.dmp files/report IDs: Have none.

If you can’t start the game at all

GTA V folder screenshot:

The rest of the GTAV folder is the default x.64 rpf files.
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot:
The rest is up to patchday24 (its new and updated, nothing touched here).
Filepath to FiveM folder: C:\Users\Modi\AppData\Local\FiveM\FiveM.app
FiveM client folder screenshot:
Which antivirus/firewall software are you using? Norton AntiVirus.
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes.

Important parts

What is the issue you’re having?
When I load in to any server on FiveM it crashes exactly when it says “loading game”, after the loading screen exactly before you can see your ingame, it crashes without error. The game just shutsdown.
Okay so this happens when I have my GTAV installed on my C drive. I had before on my D drive and it works fine, but thing is that when I have it on my d drive its very slow loading and I often fly through map, so I decided to have it on my C drive. I have had it on my C drive too before so it shouldn’t be a problem. So whenever I place anything in the “plugins” folder the game does this. But it works without plugins folder. This has never happened to me before.

What are you trying to do?
Get the game to work on my C drive.

What have you tried already to fix the issue?
Reinstall GTA V several times, verify game files through the launcher, disable antivirus, restart computer, reinstalled FiveM.

Error screenshot (if any):
Not exactly an error but it’s the last screen I see before it shuts down:

What did you do to get this issue?
I uninstalled my GTAV on my D drive and installed it instead on my C drive.

What server did you get this issue on?
On my own, friends etc.

Additional comments

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Solved by: Moving my GTAV folder to my desktop. Same drive (C drive) but now it’s actually working!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.