FiveM crashes randomly, after 3-5 secs after launch

IF YOU DO NOT FILL THIS OUT, YOUR TOPIC WILL BE UNLISTED AND CLOSED

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

GTA V version? Latest.
Up to date? Yes.
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Epic Games.
Windows version? Windows 10 Pro.
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes.
Error screenshot (if any) No error is given, sorry.
System specifications Asus Rampage IV Extreme, Intel Core i7 3820, 16GB RAM, Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ OC 8GB VRAM, 256GB SSD, 3TB HDD.
What did you do to get this issue? Nothing, fresh install, both game and FiveM.
What server did you get this issue on? None.
CitizenFX crash zip file None is given.
CitizenFX.log file https://pastebin.com/nGeFhmCe
.dmp files/report IDs There’s none.

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot

GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to FiveM folder E:\Aplicaciones\Juegos\fivem
FiveM client folder screenshot Captura2
Which antivirus/firewall software are you using? Windows Defender.
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes.

I’ve tried all that came to my mind. I’ve reinstalled the game a lot of times, four at least, and the same with FiveM. I’ve disabled the antivirus, checked the files with the epic store and such, moved them to another place, I’ve executed FiveM with the compatibility mode, too…, Also, I’ve disabled the AMD Radeon streaming software.

At the moment that I try to execute the game, the epic store and the rockstar launcher are working. Then, it starts very very laggy and after 3 or 5 seconds it crashes. I don’t know what else I could do.
Please, any help would greatly appreciated!.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Well, after a couple of days of research, I’ve discoovered that the problem comes from Social Club and its execution. As seen above, I’ve installed GTA in a different location than default.

I don’t know why FiveM does not work properly when GTA is installed in a different location. In order to fix this malfunction, you’ll have to do the next.

Remember that I’m using the Epic Games version, and I don’t know if this will work with others, but, you won’t lose anything for trying if you’re experiencing the same issues.

1. First, you’ll need to uninstall GTA completely, including Social Club and the Rockstar Launcher (if installed).

2. Check if the folders related to those programs don’t exist, if so, delete them.

3. Reinstall GTA in the main unit.

4. Start the game, then close it.

5. With GTA, Social Club is also installed, so, here is the important part. I don’t know why, but Social Club NEEDS TO BE LOCATED in Program Files, both x86, and x64, so, copy the Rockstar Games folder that contains Social Club within it.

If you follow this, it must be in one of those folders, Program Files x86 or x64. Pick one, and copy it inside in both of them.

1. Now, download FiveM, and put it wherever you want. I’d recommend to put it inside a folder in Desktop or whatever you want, but avoid to put it inside the GTA V folder. It seems that both programs hate each other if you put them together.

2. Execute FiveM, and let it do its thing, updates and such. Reboot your machine, just in case, when finished.

3. Try to execute FiveM again to see it works properly.

I did this twice in two different machines that presented the same behavior and now, both of them
work smoothly.

Now, if you wanna move GTA V to another different drive, do the next:

1. Take GTA V folder to the disk you want to put it.

2. Open the FiveM application data folder, and seek for a file called CitizenFX.ini.

3. Change the location to the current one, and save. Then, execute FiveM and see if it works.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.