FiveM crashes on AMD GPU while joining the server

Hi,

sometime during today, FiveM update has been probably released, because now my client crashes everytime while joining the server. It worked fine this morning. Now it says I need to update my drivers. Ok, so I did. And error persists.

GTA V version?

Up to date?
yes

Legit or Pirate copy?
legit

Steam/CD/Social Club?
SC

Windows version?

Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
yes

Error screenshot (if any)
Fivem error

System specifications
AMD Ryzen 5 2600x 6 core
AMD RX580 8Gb (drivers are latest recommended 20.9.1)
700W PSU

What did you do to get this issue?
Nothing, it was working fine this morning

What server did you get this issue on?
Any

CitizenFX crash zip file
CfxCrashDump_2020_11_05_18_47_30.zip (1.7 MB)

CitizenFX.log file
CitizenFX_log_2020-11-05T184525.log (452.6 KB)

.dmp files/report IDs
41f3661c-df44-4433-bf66-0e2293f752a9.dmp (10.4 MB)

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot

GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot

(goes up to patchday 23)

Filepath to FiveM folder
C:\Users\MoravianLion\AppData\Local\FiveM\

FiveM client folder screenshot
fivem folder
(crashing even without NVE)

Which antivirus/firewall software are you using?
Avast

Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?
I doubt that’s related

Any ideas? Or should I just wait before someone will patch this?

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Remove D3D* DLLs from your GTA V directory. I’m guessing some combination of graphics mod plugins leads to this, hard to diagnose what if there’s no repro.

Yes, that made it work.

I figured out there’s an issue with Natural Vision Evolved. I would love to leave here repro, but I don’t know how that should look like.

Does it happen when merely installing whatever addon RPF and ENBSeries preset comes with the NVE package?

So, I made sure that I deleted all 3D3 dlls from GTA directory. GTA works fine. FiveM too.

While having RPF packages, FiveM works. When adding ENB, it also works, but the image quality is off. I noticed a lot of people are complaining about the same image quality issue on NVE Discord server.

Basically, they’ve been told to just turn off all NVE effects before “FiveM will sort it out”. I’m just interpreting what they said. I didn’t have issues with NVE 12 hours ago.

So, yes. Deleting D3D libraries from GTA folder helped, but while using ENB ones again, FiveM runs, but with NVE addons looks like this. Well, at least it’s running now.

Hope this repro is good enough and not overly chaotic.

Im using an AMD RX 580 4gb with NVE. probably better if u try updating ur drivers?

That’s what I wrote I did, because of the issue. There was no change in my system that day, just FiveM didn’t work few hours later after last successful launch. Now it works, after deleting those D3D libraries, but NVE is F after reinstall.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.