GTA V version:
Current
Legit or Pirate copy:
Legit copy
Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic:
Steam
Windows version:
11 (both computers)

Which antivirus/firewall software are you using?
Kaspersky
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?
Yes

Important parts

What is the issue you’re having?
When trying to join a server with FiveM trogh Steam remote play, the stream hangs up.
On the host computer, the client correctly joins the server and I can play (checked with someone in fornt of the host PC), but on my client, the connections hangs on the first loading at 17% every time.
If I wait until the connection is complete on the host and start the remote session after, it will try to load forever.
Without FiveM I can play normally the regular online mode

What have you tried already to fix the issue?
Disabled the antivirus, disabled windows firewall

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

I think this is something you’ll have to ask Valve, their rendering hooks cause lots of issues for people using FiveM but without their help we can’t find out what the issue is there at all.

But the thing Is that I can play every game without any problems… I’m able to play the standard GTA V online too… I have this issue Just with FiveM

Yeah, that doesn’t matter. We can’t fix this since we don’t have Valve’s source code nor Valve’s debug information nor Valve’s anything.

1 Like

Did a little bit more testing…
Opening as always FiveM remotely through steam but instead of trying to join a server, opening ste Story Mode works fine, so the issue is only related to the server part
Taking a closer look when it stops, it just stops every time on the same percentages, 4%, 17% or 52%
What happens at this percentages? Does happen something special?
Oh, I also took a look at both host and client logs, they shows nothing special.
I also noticed another thing, when I join a multiplayer server, the keyboard input is passed correctly, so I can move, press Esc and everything, just mouse input and video stops

Does it work fine on a non-modded server like the ‘FiveM.net b2372 Testing Server’?

The first server I tried when I saw the issue was: FiveM.net testing server
Now tried with FiveM.net testing server b2372 but same result.
Do you have any other server I can try?
Do you think the issue is related with mods/dlcs?
In few hours I’ll try to set up a server myself leaving it untouched so I can try

Tried starting a local server, nothing, same thing…
Is the game started differently between Story Mode and Multiplayer from the client?

No, there should be no notable difference. There being a difference with how Steam/your GPU’s video encoder start breaking is extremely weird, and I don’t know if this is reproducible on other systems to investigate in any way, if that is even possible without Valve’s debug info.

Is there a particular reason (e.g. certain client devices) that make you stuck with Steam’s streaming support, and not, say, NVIDIA’s (or reimplementations of their protocol for other GPUs/drivers) or dedicated game streaming platforms like Parsec? In fact, does this issue occur for you on any other such streaming platform, too? What GPU vendor is being used for encoding here?

The GPU is a GTX 1060 6GB, the encoding is managed trough steam and is enabled the NVIDIA encoding.
The reason for steam remote play is simple, the host pc is located in my home town (my old house) and is about 1300KM from my house, and the only way I can game is using remote play from personal laptop (which is not powerful enough). this is why I’m not planning to use a cloud gaming platform.
Do you have any way to try urself to start FiveM from Remote Play?

I’m referring to Moonlight/Shield streaming when I’m talking about NVIDIA, and Parsec isn’t a cloud platform, it’s just a remote desktop app w/ video encoding just like Steam streaming does.

Rn I’m trying to just update the video drivers, I’ll check with thoose you just said and update you

Updated the video drivers and tried again with Steam Play, nothing… tried rn with parsec and it seems to work, thanks.
I’ll keep this thread updated if I find any other issue related to remote gaming on FiveM.
Thanks again

Interesting, so your issue is specific to Steam’s encoder handling.

Maybe someone else who stumbles across this topic with a 10 series card could check if the same happens with Steam streaming?

I tested it with GTX 1070 and these are the results:

• Not working with steam streaming: image stuck at 4% at the loading, game still responsive but won’t render anything from now on. If you try to reconnect the stream, it just won’t connect again.
  • Tried with NVIDIA Shield with moonlight and working well.

Interesting, so this is reproducibly broken on Pascal, at least.

I’m not entirely sure how to set up Steam streaming or if a debugger will even be usable on the target PC, but at least that gives a starting point unlike most other NVIDIA/Valve issues.

Other streaming apps (i.e. Parsec/NVIDIA GFE) working does make it seem like a Valve thing, and if the issue ends up on their end I’m still unsure how to escalate it. :confused:

I can confirm Moonlight e Parsec works fine, but unfortunately they cannot send the microphone data to the host to talk in game

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.