FiveM Client Crash on Custom Streamed Model Geometry From FiveM Server

I’m posting this incase anyone has some info on this or for the devs to add to their to-do-list of fixes.

When streaming custom modeled geometry, the FiveM clients acts like it doesn’t like the geometry and crashing when reading it’s verticies info on the polygons. The geometry loads fine in a single player mode, but when it comes to putting it into FiveM servers, it causes the client to crash with the following message:

[Window Title]
FiveM Error

[Main Instruction]
FiveM has encountered an error

[Content]
Physics validation failed for asset prop_trainstation2.yft.
This asset is INVALID. Please remove it, or fix the exporter used to export it.
Details: Poly 0 edge reference is invalid. It leads to vertex 39943, when there are only 25016 vertices.

If you require immediate support, please visit FiveM.net and mention the details in this window.

[^] Hide details [Close]

[Expanded Information]
Crash signature: gta-streaming-five.dll+4EC50
Report ID: si-2af9c8d203ec4971a1c50221584c4bde (use Ctrl+C to copy)

This has happened now with two totally different models I’ve tried bringing into my server that was created outside of Rockstar’s modeling team. The first being the “Puma Helicopter” and now with this file which is custom train stations. I’ve added links to the two files I’ve had this issue with in-case anyone else wants to tackle this, but I’m guessing right now it’s how FiveM processes geometry and verts that is causing the crash.

AS332 Super Puma - Super Puma Helo

Train Stations - Train Stations

is it really that hard to read?

This asset is INVALID. Please remove it, or fix the exporter used to export it.

in case of zmodeler, some recent version resolved this; same for gims.

And on a second note… this is not the place to post this.

not sure how someone would think technical support was the place to post it.

I love how some people can only reply with asshat enabled…

Yes, I did read the message. Hence how I wrote a whole post about said subject. And had it been limited to a single asset, I would agree with you on your point. But since it’s multiple assets by different artist and that it works in a single player mode, tends to push to simple logic it could also be a FiveM client error on how it’s processing the models. That’s why I posted it for a review and possible technical evaluation. Thanks for the zmodeler tip, but This error has also hit with assets created in Maya and 3D Max, so I guessed it was still the possibility it’s a FiveM interpretation error and not with the model itself.

“not sure how someone would think technical support was the place to post it”
Hmmm, let’s put our thinking caps on… it’s a error with the FiveM client literally labeled, “FiveM Error”. I don’t know why I would have thought the place titled technical support for a technical problem with a FiveM client related error would have been the place for, wait for it, a FiveM client technical issue with how it’s reading assets… but thanks for that great post with your incredible insight. It was a great contribution.

Also, the topic description says, “FiveM won’t start? It crashes randomly? Want to know how to do something? That’s what the Technical Support category is for.”

server side scripts and server side modeling can causes FiveM Errors… which was not designed by FiveM.

If anything wouldnt this fall more under a bug report if you seem to think its caused by FiveM?

i mean… some models work in FiveM and some dont its just the way its always been so i dont see how this belongs in technical support if its a model causing the issue.

and theres no need to bring negativity when i simply didnt see how it fit in with technical support because of “custom” models.

Server sided streaming was created by FiveM for adding third party content into the FiveM client. So there is some assumed responsibility. And again, as this problem has been encountered by others on a variety of assets created by different artist, I threw it in the tech support for review like the channel topic said and the mods ask people to post them. And you can’t assume it’s strickly the issue of the models 1005 of the time. Especially if it’s readable by single clients and other MP mods. If it’s the FiveM client having an issue, then it’s within the realm of possibility that it’s how FiveM may be misinterpreting the asset. That’s why I posted it for evaluation by a possible dev to see what’s going on.

And if you don’t want the criticism for posting a post that basically says “I dont think a technical question in the technical support thread is the appropriate place”, then don’t post unless it’s actually a real response to the posted subject. At least alumn was relevant with his post.

1 Like

criticism is fine but there is a difference between criticism and being a dick.

If people cant be mature about it then whats the point in having a civil conversation.

But i get what you are saying and understand where it could fall under technical support.

And not all technical questions fall under the technical support category such as people making server scripts and posting that into technical support so my bad for assuming custom models didnt count.

1 Like

This was never about scripts or a question on why some function wasn’t working. The was about a client crashing issue posted in the tech support area of the forums. Sorry if I’m coming off ‘dickish’, but the first reply was a smart ass comment by someone and then you threw in out of left field with the wrong area post. My suggestion would be, before you hit that reply button, reread the post and think about it before saying, ‘this doesn’t go here”. When your a moderator. Then you can just move the thread and save the typing.

1 Like

Alright, now that is criticism right there, thank you and i will… was totally my bad.

i must have read into it wrong the first time but after reading it again i now see where i made my mistake.

Which are likely all exported using the same two tools mentioned in the initial response, since those are the only public tools in existence to export GTA models.

That these assets appear to work in SP isn’t a shortcoming of FiveM, since the issues caused by these
broken assets happen sometime after loading - random crashes during gameplay and whatnot. Even if you’re not experiencing them yourself, it is undeniable that these assets are inherently broken and should be re-exported with a fixed exporter.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.