FiveM Asset Manager for Javascript or Custom Webstore

Since my post came across as “hateful,” here’s a shorter, more factual version again:

If I offer FiveM scripts via my own webstore, independent from Tebex, because I want to provide them with own license system, are the FiveM server operators also allowed to buy it or use it on their server?

Reasons:

• In Germany (numbers are inaccurate) about 40% pay taxes, so the 15% for FiveM via Tebex is very high to make the business profitable. In addition, there are also investment costs and operating costs.
  • Apart from the top reason, there is also the fact that the asset manager, however great, does not support Typescript/Javascript and does not provide obfuscation for the NUI. So you are forced to develop in Lua. I’m not a fan of Lua, and I don’t want to adopt a new language that can’t give me what I have in Typescript, for example.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

1 Like

I’m not going to directly reply to any of the claims about asset licensing here and will reply on personal title (both since it’s a sensitive subject and you’re threatening with a lawsuit), but first off: your post is full of weird extrapolations.

Let’s take apart your weird tangent about browser engines here:

‘Over 150 contributors’? There’s perhaps around 4-5 FTE worth of people working on the client codebase at most at any given time.

It’s hard to tell where you get this number from, but it’s pertinently false.

The ‘browser engine’ was last updated to Chromium M103 - released June 2022 - in Q4 of 2022. Again, I’m not sure where you’re extrapolating that from or how it’s related to the prior point, but this is also more recent than even an actual company with a multi-billion dollar valuation is using, as they’re still on Chromium M91, released May 2021.

‘Background blur’ is supported fine and the main menu uses exactly that background blur you claim is not supported. However, the implementation of backdrop-filter in Chromium requires an actual layer drawn by Chromium below, the game is not part of this since Chromium is an overlay.

(tl;dr: you’re doing it wrong. using x-cfx-game-view or the WebGL texture trick as seen in screenshot-basic meanwhile will work fine to get backdrop blur atop part of the game. here’s a result from googling ‘fivem backdrop filter’: How to use x-cfx-game-view/CfxTexture? - #3 by liquid)

‘DOM’ not being supported? What?

Since you appear to be talking about browsers (i.e. NUI), do you think the browser would even work at all if DOM wouldn’t be supported?

Similarly, the remainder of your post is equally filled with attempts to sound clever to frame a discussion in a certain way. I do not have any interest in arguing with someone who in their first contact instantly goes and cites ‘lawyers’ and ‘courts’ and other arbitrary nonsense.

Let me rephrase your post in a more friendly and constructive way, as you should have asked it:

Hi! I’m wondering, since this was mentioned quite a while ago, if there has been any progress on supporting JavaScript in NUI for the ‘Asset Escrow’ system. I’m worried about people reselling my code and using it without having a legitimate license, and don’t know if there’s any other way to handle this.

… and we’d have actually replied constructively with an actual answer indicating the actual progress on such, the complexities involved in implementing this (i.e. if this were implemented, it’d be a lot more difficult to ‘update the browser engine’ as you say), but also saying that if you report some server you find improperly using your code, we’d gladly take it down.

Instead, what you posted is more along the lines of the following:

BLAH BLAH YOU SUCK BLAH BLAH WHY ARE YOU FORCING US TO YOUR SHITTY SYSTEM WHEN YOU CAN’T GET ANYTHING DONE. I THINK THIS IS ILLEGAL AND I AM CONTACTING A LAWYER BECAUSE YOU SHOULD STOP RESTRICTING US. YOU’RE OPPRESSING MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

LOREM IPSUM DOLOR SIT AMET BROWSER ENGINE. DOM LOCALSTORAGE CONSECETUR NON SEQUITUR CANIS CANEM EDIT LOBORTIS NEQUE EFFICITUR SEM GRAVIDA, VEL FINIBUS NULLA POSUERE. PROIN UT IMPERDIET NEQUE, IN MOLLIS LIGULA VESUVIUS CITRATE. SUSPENDISSE CONSECTETUR LOREM AT VELIT TEMPUS ORNARE.

PLEASE REPLY WITH A LEGALLY VALID AND HELPFUL ANSWER OR ELSE.

… and that is just counterproductive, unnecessarily hostile and… yeah. Not too helpful. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, obviously i don’t speak for Cfx.re, but i think you are missing a HUGE point which could use some clarification.

That is correct, the same way “FiveM” cannot prevent you from opening a lemonade stand in your street during summer time… but that is totally irrelevant.
As you can read in the ToS:

[…] CitizenFX has no obligation to provide or support the User Generated Content to Users.

CitizenFX expressly reserves the right to, without any prior notice, terminate access to FiveM
and/or the Game Services to any Users violating any points in these Terms, and/or disable any
relevant Game Server and/or User Generated Content from being utilized/provided on FiveM
and/or the Game Services.

So, my personal interpretation (which I think most people would agree), is that you can do whatever you want with your life, but if it’s related to FiveM and its against their polices, they are within their right to ban you and your resources.
With that being said, do you still feel like FiveM is in any way “prohibiting you” from opening your lemonade stand?
By the way, this is the same thing as someone going into some social network and spreading hate speech, you do have freedom of speech rights (probably, idk where you live) but the platform sure as hell is also within their rights of banning (from their platform) anyone that is not playing by their rules.

1 Like

First and foremost, I apologize if my post seems hateful, that may be because I had the post translated. I am not threatening to sue. But I wanted to, before I pay a lawyer to answer me the question, try to get an answer here. It was not about me filing a lawsuit against FiveM, I have no grounds for that. The background blur thing is strange, as I’ve had different experiences with that, but I like that you explained it to me. So I can take a closer look at my code again and fix the problem if necessary (whereas I have now implemented this with the ingame function provided by FiveM). Cfx’s guidelines (at least the ones I’ve read) are not factual, which may seem different in other countries/language. That’s why I don’t want to go into it further. I know that I can sell my scripts through my own store, which I will provide with my own license system. The only question is if that supports FiveM, because as you mentioned, FiveM can forbid that to the users. This is exactly the point I can’t understand or didn’t understand exactly.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)