Five m crashes in few seconds on start up witn error nvgpu64.dll

IF YOU DO NOT FILL THIS OUT, YOUR TOPIC WILL BE UNLISTED AND CLOSED

To receive support, please fill out the following template, and remove this top text.

Environment questions

GTA V version: latest
Up to date: yes
Legit or Pirate copy: legit
Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: steam
Windows version: 11
Did you try to delete content_index.xml and try again? no reinstalled five m
System specifications: 19-14900k 4090 32 gigs ram
CitizenFX crash zip file (‘Save information’ on a crash):
CfxCrashDump_2024_02_04_12_42_17.zip (1.4 MB)

logs/CitizenFX_log files:
.dmp files/report IDs:

If you can’t start the game at all

GTA V folder screenshot:
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot:
Filepath to FiveM folder:
FiveM client folder screenshot:
Which antivirus/firewall software are you using?
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?

Important parts

What is the issue you’re having? im getting the error code nvgpug4 dll

What are you trying to do? open five m

What have you tried already to fix the issue? reinstalled five m and reinstalled gpu driver as well as verrified integrity of game files on gta v

Error screenshot (if any):

What did you do to get this issue? open five m

What server did you get this issue on? Be specific and name some, ‘all of them’ by itself isn’t useful! not server related just trying to open five m but if you need one ocrp

Additional comments i know this is a gpu issue however ive done everything i can and checked the gpu thuroughly and i havent found any issue with the gpu ive ran manny stress tests with the gpu and it hasnt failled

3 Likes

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Use DisplayDriverUninstaller (found online without hassle) and reinstall your GPU drivers by downloading the relevant package from the NVidia website, not via GeForce Experience.

1 Like

ill give that a try and report back in a few thanks for the update

I have the same issue, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers didn’t work.

Same here

Hey I have the same issue I start the five m and this error come to destroy a great time Just starting or in middle of game. All my drivers are find also

I just wan fix this error and keep goin gaming time but this stop me more than 8 times on a day

roll back your game before booting it and it will stop majority of the crashes its a known issue for some 40 series owners

am not sure how to do that. cz i try many stepts. even i did the number with ram . but nothing work
you telling me run compatility prog.?

I’ve had the same problem for days…

Tried what i did with BF2042 and it worked,

go into control panel, system and security, power options and change it to power saver.

hope it works for you guys

10 Likes

did this work for you? what options did you tick?

1 Like

Somebody have an information this issue?

1 Like

It works xd

I follow jack and reduce my power pc and those error no show up that much

1 Like

Hey bro thanks I hope this fix. Be on top of the line. Cz even given don’t help to deal this I believe. That new gta5 rock start are behind this crashes so much making population leave the system

What do you mean by “roll back”?

it works tysm bro!!

1 Like

Thank you its works !!!

Can we solve it? the same thing is happening to me