Five M Constantly Freezing. Ongoing for 4 months. (i've tried everything)

GTA V version? Most Recent
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot (if any) N/A
System specifications AMD 6300 CPU. 16GB Ram. Radeon R9 270 Graphics card.
What did you do to get this issue? Play on any server normally
What server did you get this issue on? All
CitizenFX.log fileCitizenFX.log.1 (101.9 KB)

.dmp files/report IDs

If an issue with starting:
GTA V folder screenshot

GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to FiveM folder This PC > Local Disk (C:) > FiveM
FiveM client folder screenshot
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes

So, I believe it’ll take a genius to figure out how to fix this… This issue has been happening for over four months now. I’m not too sure what changed to arise this issue (could have been a windows update) that’s all that I can think of. I will enter a five m server. Typically i’m in the server for about 5 minutes before the whole game freezes. The audio is also frozen but I can still hear it. I cannot escape to desktop nor can I open task manager. Five M stops responding. This will last for approximately 20 seconds before it resumes like nothing has happened, but I have been disconnected from the server. This only happens in fivem. No other games behave this way at all. Including regular gta online.
What I have tried so far

• Cleared cache.
  • re installed fivem and tested without any plugins.
  • Re installed gta v
  • tried multiple different servers (ones without scripts)
  • Changed some things in power options such as disabling fast startup and power link state
  • Disabled antivirus.
  • Re installed windows from fresh
  • Lowered graphics as much as i legitimately could.
  • Disabled windows 10 gaming dvr recording
  • Ensured both fivem and gta v are listed as an exception in windows firewall

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I have absolutely no idea what to do from here.

1 Like

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

1 Like

Does switching windowing mode make a difference? Playing on windowed/borderless/fullscreen?

1 Like

Switching to windowed mode seemed to help a bit. I was able to play longer. (about 10 minutes) before I froze again. Despite being in windowed mode, before while i was playing in full screen the odd time the game would last an hour before freezing. This time after it froze I clicked exit and took a screemnshot of what came up. I have also been noticing severe texture loss. Usually when that happens I fall through the map.

1 Like

Does this also happen on some pinned servers?

1 Like

This happens on every single server that I’ve tested. Scripts or no scripts.

I have no idea what it could be :confused:

Edit: actually: it might be your video card, some AMD cards are known to cause problems.

I tried again with windowed mode. Playing in windowed mode dramatically increases the game time before freezing. Inevitably though it eventually freezes after about 40 minutes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.