Failed to get info from server - If you are the server owner, are you sure you are allowing UDP packets to and from the server?

I’m hosting my own server and my friends keep getting this one error when they try to connect.
I’ve tried so many things to fix it but this is the only error they get…
“failed to get info from server - If you are the server owner, are you sure you are allowing UDP packets to and from the server?”

I can host a Minecraft server perfectly fine using the same or a different port (I don’t run more than 1 server at a time)
canyouseeme can in fact see me.
Please help me?


1 Like

Have you forwarded the correct port? It’s port 30120.

Make sure you’ve got that same information in your cfg / starter exe and then retry on canyouseeme.

Yes I have port 30120 forwarded.

Like I said: canyouseeme can in fact see me.

any update if so how did you fix this

Verifique , provavelmente vcs possa esta usando VPN, se estiver usando veja as configuraçoes se esta a tivada a opçao de UDP , o meu caso resolvi ativando esta funçao

Have you fix this because i can’t even join random server

if youre homehosting you need to port forward your fxserver aswell. If not: have u got a proxy infront of the server?

In the server config try changing

endpoint_add_tcp ""
endpoint_add_udp ""

To your actual internal IP, Although tbh should work, specifying the exact up made it work for me.

so i am currently getting this same error on a serve i play on but im not owner of the server so how do i fix the issue since its not my server?

Having the same issue, I can’t connect to any server. I have done a cmd DNS flush and reset winsock, cleared cache on fiveM, cleared %tempt%, reinstalled fiveM and tried joining with firewall disabled. None of those have worked.

This is the crash I get with the failed attempt.

An error caused FiveM to stop working. A crash report is being uploaded to the FiveM developers.
Stack trace:
ntdll.dll!RtlpAllocateHeapInternal (0x85b)
ucrtbase.dll!_malloc_base (0x35)
citizen-resources-core.dll!operator new (0x1e) (new_scalar.cpp:35)
citizen-resources-core.dll!std::_Default_allocate_traits::_Allocate (0x8) (xmemory:77)
citizen-resources-core.dll!std::_Allocate (0x8) (xmemory:235)
citizen-resources-core.dll!std::allocator<std::_Tree_node<std::pair<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits,std::allocator >,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits,std::allocator > >,void > >::allocate (0x8) (xmemory:951)
citizen-resources-core.dll!std::_Tree_node<std::pair<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits,std::allocator >,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits,std::allocator > >,void>::_Buyheadnode (0x8) (xtree:346)

Edit: Using a VPN fixed the issue for me.

Pretty sure it’s a server side issue that the owner has to fix

For whatever reason, this issue only happened through my Router. So, I hooked back up to the modem and everything worked perfectly as my ports were properly set up!

This error usually means there’s a network or firewall issue. Make sure your server’s UDP port is open in your firewall and router settings. Double-check those settings, and you should be good to go!