F8 is not closing the console

When I try to connect to a server, we should press F8 and paste the link to connect. I’m not sure why, but this is how everybody connects to the server. now after I press F8 and i get the console, I paste the command and hit enter, Fivem starts connecting to the server, but the issue is when I press F8 again the console stays there and it doesn’t hide. Its just stuck there covering most of the screen

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

still waiting for a response if anyone can help with this issue

Hi,

Are you still looking for a solution?

I have had the same issue for a while now and it turned out to be due to a software called “Buff” I had installed. One of its keybindings was F8 and covered over the controls for FiveM Console, not letting it close when I press F8 again.

Check if you have any form of overlay software or any software really that communicates with the game and has its own keybindings. Check that none of them are or do include F8. This is what solved it for me.

Please reach out if the solution did or did not work, I can try to assist further otherwise.

Regards,

8 Likes

@jajultmate you legend!!! that fixed my issue!!! Love you!!!

Thank you, that solved it. Jeez it was horrifying experience. Thanks man

What’s this ‘Buff’ program, and where can we find this/contact their authors?

No worries. Glad it solved it for you.

Thanks for replying back, take care.

Regards,

Absolutely no worries, glad I was of good help.

Take care.

Regards,

Hi,

It’s a software installed through the launcher Overwolf.

It’s purpose is to turn your playing time into something productive, meaning when you play a supported game, you may earn coins for the duration of a session, which you can in turn save up to buy gift cards for etc.

A simple Google search for Buff Overwolf will lead you to the right path of what you are looking for, I am a little hesitant to posting links directly here.

Take care.

Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.