[ F I X E D ] Stuck on initial loading screen - Won't load fully

RDR2 version? Full Version.
Up to date? Yes.
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit.
Steam/Epic Games/Social Club? Steam.
Windows version? Windows 10.
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes.
Error screenshot (if any) No errors are popping up.
System specifications
What did you do to get this issue? After installation of RedM, I double-clicked to open it, and it appears to properly connect to Steam, but then it just remains on the loading screen of the GTA skyline.
What server did you get this issue on? Not on a server.
Latest CitizenFX_log file CitizenFX_log_2021-11-16T035631.log (70.8 KB)

.dmp files/report IDs 8b648808-b5c8-4ef1-9b49-78c381424ec1.dmp (7.1 MB)

If an issue with starting:
RDR2 folder screenshot

RDR2/x64/dlcpacks screenshot

Filepath to RedM folder I placed RedM Application, and Application Data within the RDR2 folder.

RedM client folder screenshot

Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes.
Did you start Rockstar Games Launcher not as admin? Yes. One thing I will add, is that for some reason, despite owning the full game, only Red Dead Online is showing up in the Rockstar Launcher. I’ve purchased the full-game through Steam, though.

Also add what you already tried so far.

I deleted caches, I’ve tried to unisntall, and reinstall multiple times – This including RDR2, Rockstar Launcher, RedM, and Steam. I’ve updated my Driver. I’ve switched from Vulkan to Direct X 12, and then back to Vulkan. I’ve set RedM to High Performance in my graphics settings…

I’m really at a loss, here. Help would be super appreciated!!

1 Like

So, I’ve attempted to uninstall, and reinstall RedM – I’ve noticed that it doesn’t ask me to select the folder with RDR2.exe in it during the installation. But I did double check the path file, and it does indicate it’s directed to RDR2, I believe.

Not sure if that’s causing an issue?

1 Like

I FINALLY figured out how to fix it!!

So, with some help on the Cfx Discord, someone mentioned something about what part of my computer my monitor was plugged into. I realized I had it plugged into the WRONG slot! The monitor MUST be plugged directly into the GPU.

Now, I did some additional steps to make sure everything was directed towards that specific GPU. Who knows though, simply switching where your monitor is plugged in may completely fix it. But this is what I did after making the switch:

I hope this works for whoever is having similar problems with the RedM launcher getting stuck on the loading screen!

If anyone needs clarifications, please let me know, and I can provide extra details!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.