Standard

Up to date?

Yes

Legit or Pirate copy?

Legit

Steam/Epic Games/Social Club?
Windows version?

Social Club

Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?

Yes

System specifications

Intel i5 7300HQ
16GB RAM
GTX 1050

What did you do to get this issue?

Just played RedM

What server did you get this issue on?

All of them that I’ve played on

Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?

Irrelevant for this topic

Did you start Rockstar Games Launcher not as admin?

Yes

Also add what you already tried so far.

Tried clearing cache, tried reinstalling RedM and Red Dead, tried updating graphics drivers, tried playing in windowed mode, tried going into my graphics settings and doing some stuff

The Issue:

Basically on regular Red Dead 2 I get 50 FPS. On RedM I barely get 15 FPS. Exact same settings. So I really have no idea what could be causing it.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Configure your laptop GPU drivers to use the NVIDIA GPU for the RedM-related executables.

Do you have a tutorial on how to do that? I’m not experienced on stuff like that. I have went into graphics settings and set RedM to use my high performance graphics card which is my 1050 if that’s what you mean?

Windows 10 will prefer for dGPU (Detected Graphics Processing Unit) for major programs, however, it sounds like the driver is making the program run on your iGPU (same as dGPU, but Integrated onto your Central Processing Unit). You can go to Start menu>Settings (icon)>System>Display, then scroll down until you see the “Graphics Settings” link. Click it. In the next view, you will need to click the drop-down and select “Desktop app”, then click “Browse” and locate your RedM exe file. (C:\Users<YourUser>\AppData\Local\RedM) Once added, click on the tab for it, and select “Options”, then select your High Performance GPU and click save.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I have an intel i9 and a 2080 super and i dip below 60fps sometimes in the city. My gpu usage is only 20% and my cpu usage is only 35%. please help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.