[ExM] Extendedmode, a framework (1.0.0)

Metadata is a planned feature.

4 Likes

I cant wait… :open_mouth:

not sure why but ESX.ShowHelpNotification doesn’t seem to work, notification does not appear any more no sound as well. checked all the resources that use this function.
no errors in F8

ESX.ShowNotification doesn’t seem to work as well:

Sorry i fixed it all just by using es_extended and updating all the esx content. Anyway gcphone script is not working with es_extended so maybe i will think about try extendedmode did you think i can use my scripts (ESX) with extendmode and without es_Extended?

Wow this is amazing. If you guys keep it up and continue updating this I guarantee this will be the #1 framework in use. Really excited for this.

Removing the ESX might work

Yes ExM is way better than es_extended at the moment, most things don’t work with es_extended anymore. The only script ive had a problem with is esx_thief but i have that problem even with es_extended so at the moment Exm is the way to go!

Excellent work, would you consider adding an event like ‘ExM:hasEnteredMarker’ and ‘ExM:haxExitedMarker’?, for example. I love that you guys added that centralized loop for markers, I guess it saves a lot of resources if every marker script is added to the ExM loop.

Hello! I have ESX 1.2 at the moment,
Which are the steps to follow to have it working fully?

There is this https://extendedmode.github.io/functions/Client%20Functions/#exmmarkersin
ExM.Markers.In to check if you’re in a certain marker, you can just see if it returns false to get if they aren’t in the marker.

if ExM.Markers.In(markerId) then
    -- In the marker
else
    -- Not in the marker
end

or

if not ExM.Markers.In(markerId) then
    -- Not in the marker
end

I’m having trouble not saving the last location. How do I solve this?

It loads fine but i get bellow error when i restart resource with ExM.Game.CreatePed.

ensure exm_spawn
Stopping resource exm_spawn
Creating script environments for exm_spawn
Error loading script @extendedmode/imports.lua in resource exm_spawn: citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:932: An error happened while calling export getSharedObject of resource extendedmode (citizen:/scripting/lua/MessagePack.lua:433: unpack 'reserved193' is unimplemented), see above for details
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	citizen:/scripting/lua/scheduler.lua:932: in method 'getSharedObject'
	@extendedmode/imports.lua:5: in main chunk
Failed to load script @extendedmode/imports.lua.
Started resource exm_spawn

hello, I’m here to provide some information hopefully it might help in development.
(I try my best using English as not a native speaker)

I use ESX between 1.1 and 1.2 version (weight system but still use user_inventory table)- considered as using ‘es+esx’
I followed the step - backed up (so if this break my server - I already have my back up), update ES, update artifact, update mysql-async (this step broke my whitelist system) and then tried to migrate db

after a day trying to migratedb i found that

• after it altered my users table, add inventory and account column - value will be all [] (although default value in table for both column is null)
  • I read the code and saw that the loop will stop if value is not nil so I changed value to null and use migratedb command again
  • it almost work, but the value in each row are all the same (like below - which is not correct)

I am looking forward for the update and now switched back to my old system,
Thank you for the amazing work and I would like to use this so bad lol

The dev branch has been updated to fix the database migration issues. It will be pushed to master soon.

Thanks agail Smallo !
Here is the solution dbmigrate.lua (4.5 KB)

broken framework !!! ,keep using old esx are the best ,new esx are worst ,all esx are broken thank go use old script

Thank you for your feedback!

We’re curious as to why you have this opinion, we’d love to have a constructive discussion so that we can better the platform as a whole :slight_smile:

If you could:

• Provide decent arguments for why this doesn’t meet your needs
  • Provide decent arguments for why es_extended 1.1 does meet your needs

Then we can work to a brighter future of FiveM RP as a whole! I’d love to hear from you soon

1 Like

because every week you have to redo your server because it doesn’t work anymore, there is no decent update for several weeks / months, you have to redo your server each time with each update, especially since it that month, all uptade are broken, I do not spit over, some may become boring to create a gta serv

I suggest you re-read Kanersps’ last post and actually answer his questions instead of ranting and rambling utter nonsense.

When using the latest esx_skin this happens try using an older version